Heeelp! I am confused. I received my Pearl yesterday and upgraded the OS to 4.2.0.67 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

Where is Email 'Reconcile Now'?

Advertisement

Heeelp!

I am confused.

I received my Pearl yesterday and upgraded the OS to 4.2.0.67

Perhaps it does not exist on the Pearl but where is the 'Reconcile Now' command that was in the email menu of my previous 8700G

Also, when I go to email 'Options' and select 'Email Reconciliation', the screen is completely blank.... this can't be right?

Heeeeelp!!!!!!!

Mik

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Where is Email 'Reconcile Now'?

hopefully this is the same every where, but while in your messages application, click menu and scroll almost all the way down and it says "reconcile now"
    (between close and switch apps)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mik, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

I'm pretty sure cherri is correct, even on the Pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My guess (without the info which RC pointed out) is that you have NOT re-registered your BlackBerry and PIN with either your BIS or BES account.

Without registration, there are no service books, and without service books, many menus will appear quite bare because they will only be populated AFTER a registration.

BES, you've got to do an Enterprise Activation.

BIS, log in and register the PIN with your account, and then send the service books.

mik

Hi Cherrichiodo

As in my original post, regretfully it is not there.... Also my 'Options', 'Email Reconciliation' screen is completely blank.

Regards

Mik

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    hopefully this is the same every where, but while in your messages application, click menu and scroll almost all the way down and it says "reconcile now"
    (between close and switch apps)

mik

Hi Rcbjr - I have added the data to my profile

Thanks

Mik

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    mik, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device. Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

I'm pretty sure cherri is correct, even on the Pearl.

Rcbjr.

mik

Hi Lewis

>>> My guess (without the info which RC pointed out) is that you have NOT re-registered your BlackBerry and PIN with either your BIS or BES account.

I have reregistered now just to make sure - and also done a 'battery reboot' - still the same <sigh>

>>> Without registration, there are no service books, and without service books, many menus will appear quite bare because they will only be populated AFTER a registration.

All my other menus appear to be there - all my apps including have been fine.

Heeeelp....

Mik

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, mic, Guess what, I have the same problem. I just activated my new Pearl and have nothing on the Email Reconciliation Page either. I can send and receive messages, emails but I just can't reconcile. I did notice that when I used the Switch Device wizard, there was an option concerning Wireless Reconciliation, but I thought that was for BES, like the Enterprise Option when installing the Desktop manager, so I used the other method. Now I can't find how to set it up.

Thanks anyone for your help
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Very odd, I just switched mine today, no wkep in mind I use both BES and BIS, and I do indeed have the option.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm afraid I'm going to have to try a few things. One other thing, I'm still using BIS 1.8. I will not transition until full folder capability is included in 2.x or later.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mik

Phew! - At least it is not just me.....

Did you get the problem after upgrading to a later OS? Or was it always there?

Mik

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Well, mic, Guess what, I have the same problem. I just activated my new Pearl and have nothing on the Email Reconciliation Page either. I can send and receive messages, emails but I just can't reconcile. I did notice that when I used the Switch Device wizard, there was an option concerning Wireless Reconciliation, but I thought that was for BES, like the Enterprise Option when installing the Desktop manager, so I used the other method. Now I can't find how to set it up.

Thanks anyone for your help
    Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I just got my Pearl yesterday, And Cingular hasn't posted their OS to the download site yet. I haven't tried to install an earlier version yet.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer