While perusing my favorite news source, I came upon an article discussing/reviewing a new service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Where/how do you post your BB pics?

Advertisement

While perusing my favorite news source, I came upon an article discussing/reviewing a new service aimed at mobile camera phone users.
    Now, while I haven't checked out these sites, the 'idea' is the coolest.

-- Veeker, www.veeker.com
    Users send content via picture messaging to Veeker (which is short for video peeks), which organizes it and provides privacy settings all for free.
    -- Tiny Pictures, www.radar.net The free site Radar, which opened in summer, uses picture messaging to transport the photos to the Web site, where other users can view it, even from their own cell phone browser.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Re: Where/how do you post your BB pics?

I know there must be a way with the BB, but i bluetooth them to my Macbook and then Upload them on this site or whatever that way. Im still new to some of the many BB features

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Where/how do you post your BB pics?

Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege
    I know there must be a way with the BB, but i bluetooth them to my Macbook and then Upload them on this site or whatever that way. Im still new to some of the many BB features
    The best way, at least for me, is to connect the USB cable, do NOT open Desktop Manager, then I transfer the pics from the Pearl on to my desktop. I don't use DM because it is too slow. I also do not use wireless or any means except the USB cable.

_________

Additionally:

I have a folder called "BB Pics Temp" and I place them all in there.

Once in the temp folder I access them, look at them with my pic viewing software, discard the bad ones, then edit the remaining with my photo editing software.

The above process forces me to always save the pics rather than accumulate them on the Pearl or put them on my PC somewhere I might forget.

After edits I place the pics into the various picture folders I have.

From there I upload some, email others, or archive on to a DVD disc when the folders on my PC get too big with pics [usually about 4GB per folder. [I have about 90 GB of pics since 1996].

I don't post to any pic sites. Between the three to four forums I belong to, that seems enough. Will be interesting to see how Veeker and Radar do, considering they are designed for mobile phone posting. But that does not interest me, only because I have to edit my pics. I can't imagine sharing pics I have not "fixed" before posting.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-31-2006 at 10:27 AM.