I have only had my BB Pearl for 2 weeks and already the WAP browser ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Smylie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Where did my Browser icons go?!

Advertisement

I have only had my BB Pearl for 2 weeks and already the WAP browser icon and the Browser icon are missing. I have read at least 10 different ways to "fix" this problem but nothing seems to work. Could someone please help me with this? I am a "beginner" so be very specific and don't assume that I know what to do because I really don't.

When I go into the application loader wizard, under browser properties, the highlighted
    module names are Unavailable application (net.rim.blackberry.xml) and unavailable application (net.rim.platform.ecmascript). Where did these come from? They were not there initially.

Thanks so much for your time and help!
    Smylie

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Where did my Browser icons go?!

what have you installed recently? any 3rd party apps or themes maybe?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you tried to resore the OS? That may help, then send your service books.

Also, have you tried a register now?

Smylie no está en línea Stack level 1

I did install a new ringtone which I downloaded from Cingular Media Mall. I also removed several pictures from my BB to my computer with the Media Manager.

Also, when I was looking at the application loader and I got to the "completing the application loader wizard" page, there were several language support applications listed to be erased. I didn't want to erase anything on the BB but I couldn't figure out how to removed those on the list. I didn't put them there. I hit the finish button anyway since I couldn't figure out how to move forward without removing them. I did review each of the language support apps on the list to make sure there wasn't anything else that was going to be erased.

Thanks for your time and help.

Also, when I go to the BB support tech solutions center, I found a couple of entries where they explain ways to fix this problem but they indicate that I should get further info from different documents with doc id numbers. (such as KB03901) Is there anyway to access the docs specifically? I searched for a place to just pull up docs by their ids but I couldn't find a way to do so. Thanks

Smylie

forevrelephant no está en línea Stack level 1

I also had this problem. I attempted to install an application but in the Completing the Application Loader window, all my language supports were listed under "applications to be erased". I'm afraid to continue and erase something I need. Anybody know how to get rid of these?

sassylass67 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smylie,

This also happened to me a week ago. Have you tried 'register now' at the host routing table under advanced options? The TMO guy had me try this, once this happened, I got the browser icon back, but couldn't actually connect to the internet....the rep then had to do something on his end to get me back up and running. You may want to give your tech support a call.

Good luck!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~after you register now like sassy said...try a battery pull...that might clear out any invalid data that might be stored...