okay I just went to dial the last number that called me and noticed that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

where did all my calls on call log and messages go?

Advertisement

okay I just went to dial the last number that called me and noticed that all my calls on call log had disapeared, then i checked the last text message and all my text message where gone!!!! what is this?? i just finished a thread to it but it didnt't help me at all!! and its not the memory I really doubt it! if anybody has had this problem and know how to fix it would be great!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: where did all my calls on call log and messages go?

Jeanca, Why do you doubt that it is the memory? How much do you have free on your Pearl? Have you uninstalled all the unused language support modules on your Pearl?

With adequate memory available, I have never had this problem. And I haven't heard of anyone that has followed the procedures to maintain available memory, after loosing there messages/call logs, reporting continuing problems.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

might be a dumb question but how do you check your memory of your device? no the memory card

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

go to options>status will have
    file free
    file total
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

big sev no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24266cd3

I have 508188 bytes free, and i get this problem about once a week ever since i bought the bb. I think it's funny that there are so many complaints but when i call customer support at t-mobile they say "that's a first"

calistud07 no está en línea Stack level 1

Jeanca, did you ever find the solution to your answer, when all your call log and messages got deleted? The same thing happened to me and I haven't been able to figure out why that has been happening. If you can let me know, that would be great! THanks!

HITMONEY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A06965

Quote Originally Posted by calistud07
    Jeanca, did you ever find the solution to your answer, when all your call log and messages got deleted? The same thing happened to me and I haven't been able to figure out why that has been happening. If you can let me know, that would be great! THanks!
    this is happening most likely because of a known memory leak that STILL has not been fixed thru updates.

Do a battery pull every other day or so to reset the memory and that should stop you problem. Also delete any un-needed messages in your message folder.

It is also recomended that you get rid of all the language packs, sample video, sample pics, etc etc to free up space.

This information is easy to find here as it has been gone over many times.. just do a quick search.

I hope this helps... it sucks to lose your info.

I tried that, I turn it off, took the battery off for a minute or less and when I turned it on again it showed all my calls. hopefully it doesn't happend again because it sucks bad!! im gonna do it atleast once a week and thanx for everyones help!!

mayres no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    207F5BFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi maybe this isn't your carrier but I have Cingular and I was having the same issues the first month I had my pearl. Then about 2 weeks ago I saw there was an upgrade to the OS and downloaded it. it hasn't happened at all since then. Good luck!

aemodel no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E62426

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it happens to me every two or three days.. My memory just goes down to zero.. I have to take out the battery.. If anyone has a clue. Pin me 23E62426

eparente no está en línea Stack level 1

Did anyone solve the problem of the missing Information???? I just got my blackberry 8300 two days ago and this morning I woke up and all my history was gone! Then everytime I made some calls and texted people, 10 mins would go by and boom all my history was gone! Now all of a sudden nothing saves, its just all gone! I just did a hard reset and it seems to be working again... I am thinking it something I installed onto the phone, could that be it? Does anyone else have this problem?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^I recommend an OS upgrade for the memory loss issues, or see this thread #14 & #15
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-18-2007 at 09:51 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

yes lavagirl is correct...always upgrade to the latest OS no matter the vendor...just delete the vendor.xml file wherever you installed the OS onto you PC in order to be able to install another carrier's OS onto your BB...just remember to back-up your device before doing so...the latest is T-Mobile's .107 and there are no memory leak issues with that one as far as i know...hope this helps