Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jeanca, In the Call Log (Phone App) menu settings for General Options, what is the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: where did all my calls disappear from "call log"

Advertisement

Jeanca,

In the Call Log (Phone App) menu settings for General Options, what is the setting for Phone List View? Just trying to understand what is going on hear. The SD card has nothing to do with Device memory and what is being lost. That being said, 13 meg, should be adequate, I would think.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tooclose no está en línea Stack level 1

seems like this is a problem thats recently come up...i have been experiencing this problem for a few days now myself and i'm still trying to resolve this issue...has any tried contacting tmobile to see what they say other than the fact that the phone is "defective"? i doubt that is the case since there seems to be a number of us having these problems. i have a 1 gig memory card and still experience this problem...but i'm glad to see im not in it alone...thanks for all your advice!

Kyosti no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

I deleted the OZ messenger this morning and my phone (I think) reflashed my firmware. I deleted a couple of larger ring tones that I was not using and pulled my battery for 30 seconds.

After all that it has been working perfectly, the call logs are there even for calls that I made or received yesterday. I currently have 8587908 bytes free which is about 1.02 mb. I am gonna see if I can free some more stuff up but it does not seem that I have to right now.[FONT=Tahoma][/FONT]

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That's really about 8.5 meg if you numbers are correct. Have you tried to delete the unused Language support? That will free up even more.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Kyosti no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

I don't know how to delete the language support or that blackberry video yet. Do you know where I can find the instructions on how to do that?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cat_yuen no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr, so I want to follow and change my Device Memory Limit to 12M and Reserved Pictures Memory to 2M. Can you clarify if I should be changing these limits for the Memory Card or the Device Memory? Or both?

I had the lost call log problem before but after reading other Pinstack entries and deleting messages after reading, deleting unused languages, the preloaded video and doing hard resets, I haven't lost a call log since 1/16/07. I just wanted to take this opportunity to free up even more space so I don't have to do the hard resets as often. I also read on this forum that it's good to use Menu, Close to end applications instead of hitting the Exit/End key. I'm new to this forum, so I can't find where I read that before.

Thanks, Cat

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use 2 have the same issué call logs disappearing etc! This happen when the device is out of memory! I was told to delete all apps that are not being used and store apps on the memory card! Once I have done that do the alt+lg+lg then try the battery pull it works so far, and I made sure I bought a 2 GB memory card so I should be set!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Cat, as there is only one area to change those Options, I assume that they are for device memory only. I didn't see on that said Media Card Memory Limit and really wouldn't want to limit it.

Butterfly, if you store apps on the Media Card, you won't be able to use them. Apps need to be installed in the device memory. But all the rest is good. Did you delete unused languages support?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Cat, as there is only one area to change those Options, I assume that they are for device memory only. I didn't see on that said Media Card Memory Limit and really wouldn't want to limit it.

Butterfly, if you store apps on the Media Card, you won't be able to use them. Apps need to be installed in the device memory. But all the rest is good. Did you delete unused languages support?

Rcbjr.
    Yep!! I was wondering if that was a good idea!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

tribalbreak no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys i had the same thing happen to me last night... ive been stressed tryin to fix this thing.... so ive been reading, and i decided to hook my bb up to desktop manager... i went into app loader... when it reads my device it says that the desktop software does not have the software for the device i have connected... i dunno what to do...

cat_yuen no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all your help. I just checked my device memory status and have 8 more MB's!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123