Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A memeory error, huh? I'm the manager of a Cingular store and have tried two ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

countdeonic no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: where did all my calls disappear from "call log"

Advertisement

A memeory error, huh? I'm the manager of a Cingular store and have tried two seperate pearls, not to mention my dad has one himself... all have experienced this same problem with it deleting the recent call log and several days worth of email (in no particular order).

I assumed it would have been software related, so I've spent all day trying to figure out how to update the software to RIM's most recent update. What do you think?

-Scott

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

It's a memory leak problem with the Pearl - Load up a few of you're favorite MP3 ringtones and such and there isn't much of the 64mb left. When the pearl gets to 1mb - all call logs and e-mail are dumped. Obviously - watching the memory and a hard boot when you get low can help.

I upgraded from 4.2.0.69 to .71 - the problem is the same but, rcbjr has called it right - I dumped about 10mb of language files I'll never miss and the stupid video they load. It's not near the issue now.

For the record, 3 calls to Cingular and all they came up with was "the unit is defective". Yikes.......

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

countdeonic, Welcome to PinStack.

For the OS reload, Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want is Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have not had this issue myself (yet). Is this something that effects all pearls or just a unlucky few?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well Joe, if you let your free memory get too low, it will happen, not only to the Pearl, but with all BBs. There set up that way so that the phone doesn't lock up or not receive new messages. It's just that with all the added features, the Pearl OS takes more of the available memory if all the featues and languages are loaded.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

cshelle24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    It is not a problem unique to you. There are a multitude of posts and threads on this subject. Usually it turns out to be a memory problem with the pearl. I would delete any unused languages that you don't need, the next time you are connected to your Desktop Manager. Use the App loader and uncheck any you don't need.

Rcbjr.
    The same thing is happening to me and I lost all of my messages, too. I tried to delete the unused languages directly from the BB Pearl, but nothing happens. I tried deleting while connected to Desktop Manager and the only apps that show up are the themes I downloaded from Blackberry's site. Why can't I see the languages and other unsed apps to uncheck? Help!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cshelle24, Welcome to PinStack.

You need to have the currently installed version of the Handheld OS installed on your PC, to be able to delete these files using Desktop.

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want is Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Mattster89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E73788

Quote Originally Posted by shira
    thank you
    you may want to check your software version...you will go into your menu,options,about..your looking for the following..V4.2.0.64.If you don't have that you may want to call Tmobile to get that,Or whoever your provider is..That is an ongoing issue with the previous software version..Forgot that number offhand..But that Should fix that..If it doesnt..Do a backup and restore to DT manager and throw a master reset on there..

cshelle24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC7A31

Great! That worked! Too bad I can't retrieve my lost text messages and call log. Thanks again!

jon1320 no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same exact problem everyone. I had bought the 1gb memory card a few days before new years and on new years day my messages and call logs we dealted randomly. I checked the memory and it was very low 10kb or so. I didnt download any new apps but 2 games meteorcrusher and glob. I messed around a little bit and this is what i found out. Go to your media menu, press the menu button, click explore, highlight over media card. In device memory limit, i selected 12mb and for reserved pictures memory i selected 0mb. I cleared up 8mb on device memory by doing this. And deleating all the extra languages u will free up more memory.

jon1320 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question doesnt master reset deleats all of your phone book numbers. I tried to do the backup restore option but it keeps saying to plug phone into usb port but in other options it recignizes my phone

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

Jon, if you choose to limit the memory to 12mb and 0 mb respectively, doesn't it limit how much you can upload? and 0mb will you be able to store anything in reserved pictures? I don't quite understand but I need to free space. Thank you.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

shira, it does limit it on the device memory, but not on the Media Card. And the device memory is what you need to keep available to avoid problems. I have mine set to 12 Meg and 2 Meg respectively.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

shira no está en línea Stack level 2

AH, OK. I guess I need a media card then, I don't have any installed at the moment. Any recommendations?

Jeanca no está en línea Stack level 2

this is happening to me 2, the weird thing is people are still calling me and they are not appearing in call log at all, I have a media card 1gd nad i have about 13,768,708 so I don't think its the memory and if it is how do I fix it, cuz its really frustrating!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast