Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ive been reading threads about how italy Tmobile has gotten new firmware, and how theres ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

When Will T-mobile get new firmware?

Advertisement

Ive been reading threads about how italy Tmobile has gotten new firmware, and how theres the one going up to .76 or something, but T-Mobile USA still only has .64 Im a technophile, and I love having most updated firmwares. Should I just get the Italy version? What do you guys recommend.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: When Will T-mobile get new firmware?

We will probably get one when the 83XX comes out. Soon, I promise. At least I hope.

For upgrading to the TIM Italy 1.66 is a choice that can be littered with bugs. I myself upgraded and then downgraded the next day. I didn't care for the bandwidth limiting with MMS and Jivetalk. Also a quite a few java errors popping up. Then the media player is a little funky with some midi files.

There are some pluses with the new desktop view, and people saying it ran a bit faster. The suretype is much improved, but alas to many bugs for me to deal with.
    Just my 2 cents.

hastafford no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245E5E02

So reddog187, are you using T-Mobiles .64 or Cingulars .76? Just curious.

PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm using Cingular .73

PIN/ID

Thank you. So your using Cingular's .73? IS cingular your Cellular Carrier or is it T-mobile? Before I had my pearl I had the Moto Razr and I messed with firmwares on it, and put Cingulars firmware on it and it screwed up all my messenging and data plans and all that.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Can anyone please tell me how to downgrade? I tried installing the older software, removing vendor.xml, etc...but it won't pop a window to upgrade I don't like .66...too buggy and the new SureType keeps suggesting words that don't exist.

Oh, and I called T-Mo today and they said the new OS should come out when the 8800 comes out (supposedly a month or so).

Nevermind....got it!

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Varekai
    Thank you. So your using Cingular's .73? IS cingular your Cellular Carrier or is it T-mobile? Before I had my pearl I had the Moto Razr and I messed with firmwares on it, and put Cingulars firmware on it and it screwed up all my messenging and data plans and all that.
    nope Cingular is NOT my carrier. I have TMO and the OS works just fine. Just clicking under my avatar should give you all my info.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

.73 or .76? I'm on .71 , with 71 or 76 can you control backlight? if so where can i dl it?

PIN/ID
    STACK

.76? I have no clue which on that one is. .73 is the OS that comes on the RED Pearl from Cingular. NO you cannot change the Backlight option on any OS other than the TIM Italy 1.66 OS as of now.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I love the new TIM Italy OS (unfortunately my Pearl is out of commission right now until I get my new one). I love how it made using SureType easier (it makes it almost mirror T9). I love the new themes I unlocked and the web browser speed increase made this much more useful for me. Also, having autodim back is a good thing too because previously, the BLINDINGLY bright screen was too much LOL

I honestly don't even worry about when T-Mo US will get a new OS anymore. By the time they release their own OS upgrades, another carrier will have released a new OS which has what the T-Mo upgrade has and more. By the way, is there anything new for a 7100T? LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-04-2007 at 11:14 PM.

PIN/ID

Reddog, there was no special settings to do to get everything to work with cingular's firmware? What about MyFaves tho, Im using that, and Cingular doesnt do the myfaves thing, so do you think that would work at all?

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea it should work. Just remember to delete the vendor.xml file after installing the Cingular OS. And maybe resend your service books. I don't have MyFavs so I have no idea about it. I remember seeing people losing MyFavs and then getting it back. Not exactly how they did it though. I know quite a few people using it on here with MyFavs. I'm totally lost when it comes to MyFavs, never needed to change my plan so never got it. If you need help just IM or PIN me I'm always around.

PIN/ID

Awesome, thank you. Im new to Pearl, so Ill have to look up guides on the whole Service Books and vendor thing. I got pretty good at doing things Ishouldnt to my Razr, but the Pearl is so much more advanced, and more expensive, I dont want to break anything lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast