I have had my Pearl for about 4 months and love it! I have tons ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

captain no está en línea Stack level 1

When should I sync my Pearl to my computer?

Advertisement

I have had my Pearl for about 4 months and love it! I have tons of phone numbers, etc. and have never synced my Pearl to the computer. How do you do that? How often is recommended? Just don't wanna lose all the important info.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: When should I sync my Pearl to my computer?

you should backup your pearl atleast once every few weeks. I do it about once a week just to be safe since you never know when you might be unlucky enough to have the phone be lost, stolen or stop functioning properly and require a new unit (or complete wipe/reinstall).

you have to install the blackberry desktop manager to your computer. your phone should have came with the blackberry installation cd which contains the necessary program. if you don't have the cd you can go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software to download and install.

In the program you will see the backup/restore option. You'll have no problems.

jshultz no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Sync

You should be able to insert the disk that came in the box and then plug your BB into a USB port (only after you install the software). Or go to the BB website and search for downloads. It will direct you to download the BB Desktop Software.

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

I'd highly recommend NOT using the software on the disk, you'd be better off downloading the newest desktop manager from your carriers software site.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    you should backup your pearl atleast once every few weeks. I do it about once a week just to be safe since you never know when you might be unlucky enough to have the phone be lost, stolen or stop functioning properly and require a new unit (or complete wipe/reinstall).
    I agree. I back mine up atleast once a week. With all the changes and updating that I do to my phone I need to make sure that I have a back up. There have even been times that Ill store the backup on the SDcard so that I can transfer the backup to another computer.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i sync OTA because I am on bes but more importantly back up. I set my DM to automatically do this every week. As soon as I plug it in it prompts me to click ok and away it goes

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

when I had my RAZR I didn't back up my contact to the SIM because you had no contact list features. So I would back it up once every month to my laptop using Motorola's MOTO TOOLS.

now that I have my pearl you can set up the desktop software to do it automaticaly at any interval. the backup file is very small so I am going to do it on a weekly basis.