Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hi i saw on another thread that new OS release is out. Somone pointed out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maritimer555 no está en línea Stack level 1

new OS release should fix problem

Advertisement

hi
    i saw on another thread that new OS release is out. Somone pointed out it fixed their call answer lag issue.
    see ;
    Software For BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100™ Smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.79 (Multilanguage)

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, fixes the problem and actually makes it even better than before. The second you press the green button to answer it connects. If you look at your screen and actually wait until it says connected, your party would be wondering why they're listening to air and why you took so long to say hello. =P

jimmyb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi , new to here , and the blackberry but

I have had the same issue on 3 or 4 different mobile phones on the o2 network in the uk, and i believe it is more network related than handsets, as i have had a sonyericsson , 2 samsungs and an lg chocolate phone, and they all experience call "lag" when you connect a call, or actually ANY call

just a thought but it may not always be the unit !!

Jimmy

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    Yep, fixes the problem and actually makes it even better than before. The second you press the green button to answer it connects. If you look at your screen and actually wait until it says connected, your party would be wondering why they're listening to air and why you took so long to say hello. =P
    Any idea when TMO is going to release this update? I didn't have the call lag problem UNTIL I upgraded to .64. And it doesn't seem to matter if it's a land-line incoming call or cell/cell call. I've now done the battery pull to see if it fixes it - at least temporarily. I was going to downgrade back to the original software (.42, I think) but it sounds like from this thread it won't solve the problem.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I actually had this problem before the T-mobile update, and unfortunately, after it as well. Funny thing is, only with calls that are not T-mobile subscribers. I get screamed at all the time for not being heard saying hello!!!!!!

sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2
    I get it from TMO callers too. I originally thought it was when I was using other applications. But I don't think that's the case.

Is it just a random thing - anyone have any tricks until it can be resolved?

nita no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C28F9
    I have the same problem, but I have a new headset, and it doesn't seem to be as bad, I thought I was the only one
    My new pin 204C28F9

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    I had the same thing happen to me a few times. But then what I do is when I pick up the phone I wait for about 2 sec and then talk. Ppl usually start hearing you when the time count down starts on your phone which usually starts a few sec after you picked up the phone.

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am now on my 4th BB Pearl......... they've all done the same ! However, it doesn't always happen on every call. I've got used to it now. If a fix could be found though I'd be delighted.

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    I too have had this problem, and i've only noticed it today... (have had my pearl for 3 days now). When this has happened, i didnt have any applications open......any ideas/resolutions?

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by maritimer555
    hi
    i saw on another thread that new OS release is out. Somone pointed out it fixed their call answer lag issue.
    see ;
    Software For BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100™ Smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.79 (Multilanguage)
    I wonder when a fix like this is coming out for TMO?

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BLACK ICE~
    I wonder when a fix like this is coming out for TMO?
    Update to the latest OS and the problem is solved

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    Update to the latest OS and the problem is solved
    I have OS 4.2.0.64 right now. I still have the lag issue. Now I just hit the green button or hit answer and give myself a delay, then talk. I will try to update to the Cingular update .69 (i think) Maybe it will go away then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123