Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have the answer lag sometimes - using Rogers O/S. Most annoying. Seems to occur ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

Re: When I answer the phone......

Advertisement

I have the answer lag sometimes - using Rogers O/S. Most annoying. Seems to occur when an app is running.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

foops, Welcome to PinStack

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Eagle_R no está en línea Stack level 2

I have noticed this too...I'll try to be more observant about it going forward. Intermittently it takes longer than 1 to 2 seconds before I can be heard by the calling party and that's when it annoys me.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Errr....don't waste too much time on those tests, sanfran =\..I personally don't use the speakerphone features, or even play music on my phone, or use the headset etc. and I have the same problem. My friend doesn't even HAVE internet on her BB Pearl (she just uses it as a phone) and it was the same issue.

P.S. I use the original Tmobile OS. Forgot to also mention that this does happen only occasionaly not majority of the time thankfully. Actually now that I think about it it probably DOES have something to do with the music player since I know this happens more for my friend than I...although that could just be coincidental...now I'm going in circles. Go ahead with those tests Sanfran lol.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

You are a waffler.

Quote Originally Posted by absolved
    Errr....don't waste too much time on those tests, sanfran .... Go ahead with those tests Sanfran lol.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Hehe I tend to type while I'm thinking, not before or after that's why. =P

nocman7300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BE46B

I have the same problem only when I'm using my bluetooth headset. Let's hope a new handset software can resolved this problem.

alenpalen no está en línea Stack level 1

hmm, i think i have experienced the same problem. will investigate some more.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

I think the front runner is playing a media file, then going to answering the phone.

The Pearl OS operates the same as any desktop computer OS. [That is why a battery reset of the Pearl cures many problems].

Just as there is lag on our PC's when opening and closing programs, executing commands or performing operations, I suspect that the Pearl too has a slight lag when the OS goes from playing media files to functioning as a phone.

When I get access to another phone [I don't have any landlines at home] I will do a battery reset, have someone call and see if there is a lag. If none, then will play a media file, have someone call, and check for lag.

Can someone with a land line at home try this? [Man oh man, I sound low life. Before wireless if one did not have a home phone, he or she was a deadbeat].

maritimer555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi
    I received my Pearl yesterday and on all my calls (5-6) I exeperienced a 2-3 second delay. Saying hello 3-4 times or my name 3-4 times will get very frustrating.
    The last post on this issue was over a week ago.
    Does anyone know where this issue is going ?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    maritimer555, Welcome to PinStack.

Haven't heard any updates recently. Let us know if there is anything esle we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Bart586 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I Also get a 3 second delay, and have tried all the combos to try and narrow it down.... Its doesnt matter if the pearl is busy or idle it will do the same, I thought it was just from one incoming network, but no, everynow and then the offending incoming network answers without delay... Landlines on the whole answer without delay, but the odd one is delayed, very strange & offputting for this phone, thought i'd found a great phones, seems the flaws are appearing!

And Why cant this phone Vibrate & ring at the same time?!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    I think the front runner is playing a media file, then going to answering the phone.

The Pearl OS operates the same as any desktop computer OS. [That is why a battery reset of the Pearl cures many problems].

Just as there is lag on our PC's when opening and closing programs, executing commands or performing operations, I suspect that the Pearl too has a slight lag when the OS goes from playing media files to functioning as a phone.

When I get access to another phone [I don't have any landlines at home] I will do a battery reset, have someone call and see if there is a lag. If none, then will play a media file, have someone call, and check for lag.

Can someone with a land line at home try this? [Man oh man, I sound low life. Before wireless if one did not have a home phone, he or she was a deadbeat].

Dabum no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a Rogers pearl and am having the same problem. Usually have to at hi 3 or 4 times befor they hear me but I can hear them or noise in the background where they are.

Hopefully this is adressed soon
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on Vodafone UK too and have exactly the same problem. Only use the Pearl as a phone and e-mail device. Never used the media player. I'm on my fourth and this one is slightly better but the problem is still there. I'd be delighted if a fix could be found - I love the phone.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    I've noticed I will have the problem from time to time too. But I have noticed it isn't all the time. Are people having trouble more at peak network hours? Also, i would love to see this phone vibrate and ring at the same time too. I was a little disappointed about that myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast