Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

80% of the time I answer the phone, the other person cannot hear me for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

foops no está en línea Stack level 1

When I answer the phone......

Advertisement

80% of the time I answer the phone, the other person cannot hear me for about 5 seconds. Has anyone else had this problem?? Is there a solution or should I replace the phone?? Please help!!

se99jmk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E3A57

Re: When I answer the phone......

i have exactly the same problem!
    Blackberry Pearl - Vodafone - UK

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i have pearl on TMO in US and haven't found this problem. i have heard some people talking about having this problem with certain bluetooth headsets, but i don't have that problem on my headset either....sorry

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

This happens to me once and a while also, but not every time. Actually only maybe once recently since i've gotten my Pearl. I think i've just naturally gotten used to the small delay. Just wait a good second to say hi.
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Same problem here on US TMO service. I'm on my second 8100 and both have had this problem.

Yazaaab no está en línea Stack level 2

This is happening to me and I thought I was imaginging this. I really notice if I am talking to someone on another cell phone. I always thought that with GSM phones there was a delay but the Pearl seems to be even longer.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have this as well on occasion.

Question: does it happen when you're not doing anything on your BlackBerry, or when you're busy emailing/chatting/texting?

For me, it only happens when I am using the device heavily.

I am guessing that perhaps it has to do with bringing the Phone app to "the front" of the priority list.

And, this also occurred on my previous BlackBerry models as well, 7100r and 7130g.

akamurph no está en línea Stack level 2

Did the Rogers OS update fix this issue?

foops no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have this as well on occasion.

Question: does it happen when you're not doing anything on your BlackBerry, or when you're busy emailing/chatting/texting?

For me, it only happens when I am using the device heavily.

I am guessing that perhaps it has to do with bringing the Phone app to "the front" of the priority list.

And, this also occurred on my previous BlackBerry models as well, 7100r and 7130g.
    No, it happens when I'm not using any other applications. Technology is wonderful, isn't it!!!!!

Aaronc no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had it happen a few times to me. It's not 5 seconds, more like 1-2 seconds before they can hear me.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by foops
    80% of the time I answer the phone, the other person cannot hear me for about 5 seconds. Has anyone else had this problem?? Is there a solution or should I replace the phone?? Please help!!
    I have this problem and am glad to see I am not the only one. I have T-Mo in the U.S.

Not sure what it is. We must all do some tests and recap phone events so to figure out where the problem is coming from.

I think it may have to do with programming and various events causing the OS that controls the "answer phone" instructions to delay a few seconds. In other words, when a call comes in, the OS has to switch from whatever it was doing [playing media, etc., see below] to go into phone answering mode and to activate the Pearl's microphone.

I will do some testing to see if it has anything to do with my having been in media player or something else. Suggest others do the same so we can figure this out.

1. I will do a battery reset, then have someone call me. See if there is no delay when I am saying hello.

2. Then I will play a media file [video or MP3], stop it and then go back to the "desktop". Have someone call and see if there is a delay.

If there is, then the media player could be leaving some code or instruction in memory that is causing a delay when the phone goes into "answer the phone" mode.

3. Also this morning when I got that delay when someone called, I had used the phone on speaker phone earlier.

Maybe using the speaker phone, then going off speaker phone for the call later in the morning caused the delay?

4. Last night I had used a Seidio adapter to watch a movie with my 3.5mm headphones. Pulled it out of the socket this morning. Some issue with that?

5. Lastly, I have my phone's alarm set to go off daily. When it sounds off, I press "cancel" to stop it. Does the alarm leave some sort of code on the phone, causing delay when the phone goes into "answer phone" mode?
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 11-03-2006 at 08:41 PM.

levanhieu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF4321

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm that is so weird. I hope they can fix the issue somehow cause that just ruins the entire point of having a phone. I don't have that problem and I am using a pearl with t mobile

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by foops
    I am having the same problem. It hasn't always been that way, though. Only since I updated my OS to the newest version.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by se99jmk
    i have exactly the same problem!
    Blackberry Pearl - Vodafone - UK
    ... and so do I also a Pearl on Vodafone UK

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Oh, forgot to say, I have T-Mo, I am using the OS that came with it back in Sept. Have NOT put on Rogers or others.

I suspect it has something to do with one of those events or functions I mentioned in my earlier post. No time to check or test right now.

For now, in the next few days if the problem comes up, can you take note of your Pearl activity prior to the call. Let's see if we can narrow it down to what it is.

I hope the workaround is not to have to perform a battery reset every time one is done playing a video or MP3. :cry:
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 11-04-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast