I know, I can get it for cheap if I buy it with plan, BUT, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ivanfbi no está en línea Stack level 1

What's the best place to get the pearl?

Advertisement

I know, I can get it for cheap if I buy it with plan, BUT, I love my plan of 1000 minutes + unlimited nights and w/e for $39.99 I picked this plan 2 years ago and most dealers, including t-mobile don't offer this plan anymore, they do, but it's 69.99 now...so I already gone past my 1yr agreement and t-mobile can sell it to me for $200. What is the cheapest place to get the pearl from without getting a new plan, but keeping the old plan. I mean, I am still with t-mobile, I just don't want to get rid of the plan I already have.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tmobile makes you change your plan if you want to upgrade? That's strange. Usually all you got to do is sign a new service agreement and you get a discount. That's how Cingular is. You don't have to change your plan to get a discount on your device.

About where to get a cheap pearl... You try ebay?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~also, I've found that the cheapest places to buy a phone tend to be those resellers that get their phones from places like India or Asia. Usually can find them in the city. I've even found phones in a few has stations.

Ivanfbi no está en línea Stack level 1
    no no no...$200 is discounted price, I can buy it w/o changing plan, but Amazon and a few other places sell them for $0-100 or something like that
    ebay is even more expensive...

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are they saying you have to get a new plan if you want the discounted price...and you just can't add on bb plan and stay with your current plan for an additional 2 year contract?

The places online that have them cheap require a new plan, so unless you want to give up your existing plan, you can't get those.

As for Asia or India...good luck with that considering the pearl is made in Canada and Mexico.

I,d say if you want it that bad without a new contract, then get a used one on eBay or wait awhile for prices to come down. You'll be paying more for the phone but that's the tradeoff for not being locked into a 2 year contract and not losing your current plan that they don't offer anymore.