Hello, Could anyone please tell me the maximum file size to email as an attachment ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ibe333333 no está en línea Stack level 1

What's The Maximum Allowed File Attachment Size on the Pearl??

Advertisement

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me the maximum file size to email as an attachment and send out from the Pearl? Thanks!! And this site rocks!!

-ibe

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: What's The Maximum Allowed File Attachment Size on the Pearl??

I asked the same question when I had 3 post myself and never got a response.... Btw no one still didnt answer my question.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

well guys i think the answer to that one is , its not the pearl it is down to your bes or bis accont plan how much they allow you to send , and then it depends on the receivers end on how much they are allowed to receive , so it is very complexe and there is no limit except the one set by the mail administrators , depending on the email account you are sending to , little ficticious example hotmail has mailbox size of 10mb if you send a mail attachement of this size it will be bounced back to you because the persons mail box will be over the limit , now other example gmail with 3gb mailbox will only allow you to send maximum file attachements of 10mb even though you have a 3gb box , and this is the same for all different mailboxes , hope that helped a little .

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by antx16
    well guys i think the answer to that one is , its not the pearl it is down to your bes or bis accont plan how much they allow you to send , and then it depends on the receivers end on how much they are allowed to receive , so it is very complexe and there is no limit except the one set by the mail administrators , depending on the email account you are sending to , little ficticious example hotmail has mailbox size of 10mb if you send a mail attachement of this size it will be bounced back to you because the persons mail box will be over the limit , now other example gmail with 3gb mailbox will only allow you to send maximum file attachements of 10mb even though you have a 3gb box , and this is the same for all different mailboxes , hope that helped a little .
    Sp your saying that the bb bis servers will allow up to 10 mb attachments??

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

nope what i was saying is it depends on your bis account go to your bis account website and they will let you know the size of file attachement you can have , its probably in the faq section , but it does not mean the email address you will send it to will accept your maximum file attachement limit , basically as a rule of thumb i never send attachements by email bigger than 1mb , hope this helps