As my trackball is beginning to show need for cleaning, I'd like to obtain a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

What parts and Where to Replace Trackball?

Advertisement

As my trackball is beginning to show need for cleaning, I'd like to obtain a replacement unit if my cleaning efforts lose or ruin a apart. Previous searches found confusing parts prices and I wasn't sure if I was getting all required parts for a dro in replacement if cleaning goe bad. Does the following unit fill teh bill?
    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...ct_Code=XX2139
    thank you

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I get mine from www.cnn.cn, only $8 each for the whole assembly and plastic chrome colored ring, plus a few bucks shipping. They work perfectly, I have used several from them. But if you are in a hurry, choose another because they ship from Hong Kong and will take about 2 weeks from day or order till you get it.

There are others in the US that sell them for like $12-$13 too. $20 on that site you linked is a bit more than I would pay.....but thats just my opinion...

Just to let you know, you can clean your old one till your finger are raw and it will never be white again, even with bleach. It's cool to take them apart and see how they work and practice reassembly in case you ever need to do that. But once you have a brand new one, you will never want to use the old one again I replace mine every 2-3 months when they start to get dirty looking....love a nice white trackball
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Here's the link to what you want: http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-1857.html

I actually just ordered one in the past couple days and az is right, it'll take around 2 weeks to get here. I paid $13.99 including shipping. Not bad at all.

I took mine apart to clean it once and while I was scared to death of breaking it, it turned out ok. Didn't get it white again, of course, but the movement smoothed somewhat. Psyched to get a shiny new white one!!!

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great help. Thanks much.

Jdelg no está en línea Stack level 1

Replacing the Trackball for the Blackberry Curve

So my trackball came out and I tried to put it back in but no sure how to get the chrome ring back on!! Any Help I don't want to breack it...there are 3 sets of prongs which side doesn't have the prongs????

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Hi, the top side doesn't have the prongs. Just put a new one on my BB yesterday.