View Poll Results: What OS To Upgrade To?

Voters
106. Register free to vote on this poll
  • TMo (Italy) OS 4.2.1.66

9 8.49%
  • Telefonica 4.2.0.79

2 1.89%
  • Rogers 4.2.1.94

80 75.47%
  • Other (not sure if there are others)

15 14.15%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

same here ^^ the ONLY bugs i've encountered too are within BBM and i have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: What New OS To Upgrade To?

Advertisement

same here ^^ the ONLY bugs i've encountered too are within BBM

and i have those same two issues.

adelina: im almost 100% positive that you don't have the sought after tmo zen theme that everyone loves...unless you did something to get it back. no one else seems to have it

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    the sought after tmo zen theme that everyone loves...
    I actually like the New TMO Zen Theme better. Also unlock the UK version and it's twice as COOL.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

ok. thank you all for the feedback on my "hard" decision. i am debating now between the cingular and the rogers OS. (leaning towards the rogers). one major thing i will miss is the list of the TMO zen (which i will address below). question though - i have and use myfavs, will i lose that with any of the updates? also, when i update, do i have to write down every 3rd party app i have and have to reload these after i update?

now for the "sought after tmo zen theme" (i like the way you put that cherrichiodo)...i started to search around for the way to bring back the list after you have upgraded it, and thanks to cherrichiodo for saying krad mentioned it and croman for bringing back one of krad's old posts...i think i have our answer.

krad posted on his site (kradest.com) the following: (thank you sooo much krad!)

"With the latest Tim OS for the Pearl, the T-Mobile zen theme has been changed from a list theme to an icon theme. I really don't like the new theme and others have asked how they can revert back to the older list theme. Here are the steps.

1. Download and Extract the contents of the zip below to your c:
    2. Connect your blackberry pearl to your computer while desktop manager is not running.
    3. Open a command prompt window.
    4. get to c: by cd\ or C:
    5. type "javaloader.exe -usb erase -f net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod" (This will remove the tmobile zen theme from the pearl.
    6. Your pearl will reboot. When the pearl comes back on.
    7. Type "javaloader.exe -usb load net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod (the file should then upload and reboot)
    8. Type exit on cmd.. you are done.

Once these steps are completed you should have the older Zen List theme loaded on your Pearl! Enjoy!

The zip file includes only two files.
    -Javaloader.exe
    -net_rim_theme_100_240x260_b.cod (older zen list theme from .88 cingular release)"

He has included a zip file with these files in it. They can be found on his website or HERE (hope you don't mind me linking)

Also posted is "I do not take any responsibility if you misuse javaloader.exe or remove or destroy your Blackberry in any way. Please be careful and you shouldn't have any problems." <--- figured that was important too

If I can get the list zen back, this was my main issue with upgrading. Has anyone tried this out?!

Again...THANK YOU KRAD!!! (and again, hope you don't mind me re-posting this here)

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    He has included a zip file with these files in it. They can be found on his website or HERE (hope you don't mind me linking)
    ahh! the link no longer holds the zip folder!! well, at least we know there is a way to do it...

would it be easy to pull out that file from the cingular theme and just do the same (deleting the new one from rogers and adding the old one from cingular) so that you have the list again? anyone know?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

i upgraded to 4.2.1.94 because I needed a resolution to the auto-backlight issue.

it was driving me nuts and it was addressed in .94.

Rogers FTW.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

so far rodgers has worked the best for

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Does anybody have screen shots of the TMO Zen themes? What is so special about them? How do they differ from any other Zen theme? Thanks

~Amie~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll
    Does anybody have screen shots of the TMO Zen themes? What is so special about them? How do they differ from any other Zen theme? Thanks

~Amie~
    Amie look here

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...look_like.html

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dafodyll

~Amie~

pretty much they have 5 icons at the bottom of the main screen instead of 6 on the left hand side of the main screen.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

I now have the Rogers 1.94 after an initial blip in the installation. I must have tried to delete some file I shouldn't have... go figure.
    Now it's working and I do notice some increased static in some calls. I am asking people to repeat a bit more. I will continue to pay attention to this.
    The other issue is that I am having trouble getting an Mp3 ringtone to work again. I had to wipe the handheld, so I have tried to re-install the ringtone and it completely crashes the BB if I try to use it. I think this will be solvable, I just need more time to play with it. Maybe try the new "Media Manager" in the DM.

Also, from my near brick fiasco, I think it would be really hard to truely brick (permanently) a device like this with software issues. Since you can get a BB to connect to the App loader without a battery you should be able to wipe it clean and always start over.
    I would try, in desperate circumstance, to pull the battery, hook up to the computer and open App loader, connect, put in the battery and open JL_cmdr and wipe. I haven't really had to try this, but my suspicion is that after a few tries it would probably work for most BB's that seem bricked by software.

Just some thoughts.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187

OOOOOHHHHHH Jealous. Me likey.

~Amie~

OriginalLucy no está en línea Stack level 3

[quote=teleberry]I now have the Rogers 1.94 after an initial blip in the installation.
    Now it's working and I do notice some increased static in some calls. I am asking people to repeat a bit more. I will continue to pay attention to this.

I have the Rogers OS also, and have static on most of my calls. I thought it was my Pearl. I will continue to monitor this and see if it is the network or the pearl.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I've had .94 pretty much since it was posted to the forums (30ish days now?)

So far no complaints at all for me. Call quality is fine, no drops, media management is great. Runs smoother than the .73 Cingular I was using before. I have not had any of the issues others have posted here.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Always interesting. I found very quickly that Rogers 1.94 dropped calls and had so much static I couldn't use it at all. I downgraded to .73 and now it is clear as a bell.
    Go figure. I wonder why one works for you and another for me.
    I will stay with .73 until Tmo gets its act together and puts out an upgrade. Must be soon...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by teleberry
    Always interesting. I found very quickly that Rogers 1.94 dropped calls and had so much static I couldn't use it at all. I downgraded to .73 and now it is clear as a bell.
    Go figure. I wonder why one works for you and another for me.
    I will stay with .73 until Tmo gets its act together and puts out an upgrade. Must be soon...
    You might want to try Cingular's .89 release. It came out right after Rogers' release, and I really don't know if there is any difference. I haven't bothered trying because the .94 works just fine for me.

I agree with you about how its interesting that for one person it works great, for another its a royal pain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast