Ok i am getting frustrated and not sure what is going on with my Pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

What Is Going On With My Pearl

Advertisement

Ok i am getting frustrated and not sure what is going on with my Pearl. I do alot of surfing with my Pearl and for the last two days when i am checking email, surfing etc., i will all of a sudden loose signal strength and get an SOS. This has been going on for the last two days. I have great signal strength where i live and this just stumps me. I have check the the sim chip and it is securely in place and everything looks good. Any ideas? Thanks.

P.S. This happened once before shortly after I got the Pearl, but it stopped.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: What Is Going On With My Pearl

Hi shadow63,

Have you tried to pull the battery out wait for 15-30 seconds and let the phone re-start?

Not sure what could cause the signal to go out like that so i'm bumping the thread in hopes another will see the question and offer an answer.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Re: What Is Going On With My Pearl

Yeah I tried that. Maybe it is having a mood swing lol. Just kidding. I talked with a Cingular rep and he said it could be my sim chip going bad and they would replace it. It is doing ok right now but I sure don't want to be out in B.F.E. if it goes out again and I need a phone lol. Thanks for the reply. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~