There is one thing that I have noticed after upgrading to 4.5 from 4.2 on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question What happened to the magnetic feature on the holster?

Advertisement

There is one thing that I have noticed after upgrading to 4.5 from 4.2 on the BB 8100. It used to be that when I put my phone in the holster the phone would go into a hybernating state with the 4.2 I guess and now with the 4.5 the phone just stays on with the screen lit as if the magnetic feature of the holster does not work anymore. Is there a way to activate this within the options or is it a lost cause with the upgrade to 4.5?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This feature is a function of the device itself and not the OS, so I'm not sure what is happening with regard to that.

Well RoGro, What would that even be under if it's part of the device? Not only that but if thats the case then it shouldn't have been changed because of the upgrade to 4.5 right?

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi,
    Go to OPTIONS» SECURITY OPTIONS» GENERAL SETTINGS»
    Look for LOCK HANDHELD UPON HOLSTERING: change option to yes.
    Let us know if that helped.
    Gd luck.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that didn't work. It didn't lock before but rather turned the screen off so to speak.

Could be the magnet in the holster.
    Try using one of ur friends holster or use ur holster on one of ur friends berry to see if it will work.
    Trial n error..

Could be the magnet in the holster.
    Try using one of ur friends holster or use ur holster on one of ur friends berry to see if it will work.

Thanks zakz. I tried that too and that still hasn't fixed the issue. If it is a part of the device I wonder where it could be located. There has to be info on this somewhere.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    This still works on my 8100, but I noticed that it isn't as quick as it use to be. If you open the case a little and watch the screen, after a second or two it goes black. It use to go black almost before you would get it fully into the case.

Hope that helps.

AbbaSou no está en línea Stack level 1
    I experienced the same problem when I upgraded the software. It's resulting in extremely poor battery life. Any news on a fix?

Paulbob58 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311A1AE6
    When I down loaded the new os I did notice that it takes a little bit longer to "turn the screen off". It still does work for me, so no problems there. What you could try is press and hold the mute button on top of your pearl, I know that will put it in a hibernation state.

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    It's not the OS. I am using 4.5.0.77 and use the magnetic case and mine still works. It's got to be your case. Just a freak thing it started doing that at the time you upgraded.

lotacus no está en línea Stack level 1
    technically it could be the OS. IF there is could be something in the OS that is delaying it from entering suspend state. Think of it like if you ever expereinced susepending or shutting down windows, if there is a program, task or process taking too long to kill, it wil prevent it from entering whatever state was requested.

if that makes any sense.. dont get it???

well, think of it as this, a bus keeps moving until all it's passengers are off, then can it go back to the garage, but perhaps on that bus there is one person that just refusses to get off because that person is not ready to get off, well the bus can't return to the garage to "rest" until that passenger is off.

in the end, it's the OS. I've experienced it myself. When I reverted back to 4.3 it worked as expected. Of course this was before Rogers officially released the 4.5 OS... THATS when the "official" OS totally, unrecoverably bricked my BB.