Hi All, I'm kinda new over here and just been lurking (I usually am over ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

happdgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

What happened to my battery life on my 8130?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I'm kinda new over here and just been lurking (I usually am over at Hofo, but found this site and love it)...but anyways, after a couple searches came up dry so here goes...

I've been a pearl owner for a year and a half, first with t mo 8100 and now I've had my 8130 since Verizon released it.

I recently upgraded my software to 4.3.0.97 but forgot to delete the vendor xml file, and I thought I bricked it, but luckily did restore the back up and re-installed it successfully. I added jive talk after for the first time and the facebook app(used before w/o problem). I unlocked the tmobile vendor them and installed it and tried out some themes I downloaded from this site, but removed most of them to free up memory.

Anyhow, after whatever this series of events was, my battery life has been dramatically worse...like never before. I am down to 50% by mid-day...I thought it might be jive talk, but not sure. I have since stopped using it but not seen much improvement...I've always kept my screen at 100 without problems but have lowered it to 70% to help out.

I am scratching my head still but want to bounce it off you all...someone did tell me to try installing the alltel version to fix this, but am reluctant.

Any ideas??

Thank you in advance!!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    The 8130 is a very battery intensive device and there have been many complaints on how long it lasts. I personally think JiveTalk and FaceBook use a lot of battery power during the day. I have removed FaceBook and don't use it on the BB anymore but still use JiveTalk.
    I also did a review a little while back on the Seidio extended battery for the 8130 that you might find interesting. It would be well worth the purchase and I get a whole day out of it with heavy use. Here is the link to the review:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_battery.html

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    You can also try putting it in standby mode when you're not using it

good ideas! I'm going to try those today and see how it goes...
    Pearl 8100/T-Mobile: 2006-2007
    Pearl 8130/Verizon:2007-present

jasonroth no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is interesting to me... I have the 8130 for Sprint, and I LOVE it. And my battery life is actually quite impressive. I can get 2 days out of it easily, and I generally use around 500 sms a day, and talk quite a bit too... I email regularly, use BB messenger and surf the internet with either the BB browser or sometimes Opera Mini. I dont have either Jive talk or facebook, but i still use my berry a lot every day, and so far I have been very impressed and happy with the battery life.

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    totally just a thought, but try switching back to the standard theme. Maybe the tmo theme doesn't mesh well with the vz bb...maybe

I think it's definitely Jivetalk...I didn't use it all day today until evening, after I logged on batt life started going fast.
    Pearl 8100/T-Mobile: 2006-2007
    Pearl 8130/Verizon:2007-present

itachiuchiha no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just got my pearl about 3-4 days ago and i know alt about batterys and my guess is that since you have downloaded so many apps it has probably takes alot of battery to keeps them going so i would delete some that you dont use or just get a bigger battery