HI there, I have a quick question. Im currently using my bb pearl to get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

What format is email received? POP or IMAP or OWA

Advertisement

HI there, I have a quick question. Im currently using my bb pearl to get my email from work (although I use BIS w/TMO). I actually setup my work email account thru my bb and it asked for my webmail address. So is this format POP, or is it a special OWA version? It seems to be slower than POP, but maybe thats just in my head? Thanks for the help on clarifying this.

Edit: sorry, this probably belongs under the general discussion.
    Last edited by somebody7; 04-12-2007 at 07:54 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: What format is email received? POP or IMAP or OWA

im not sure im the best person to explain this, but i 'think' i am setup just like you and they call my setup "OWA"...so, im not on the BES, and i push my work email thru to the bb. all i did was set it up like 'normal', entering my email address and password and it setup instantly. i did read on here that there are some settings that have to be set on the exchange server side to allow this...

as for speed...mine really does vary. i can be sitting at my desk and actually hear the alert from my bb before it appears in my inbox in outlook. other times, 5-10 minutes. i think it really does depend on traffic.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks cherrichiodo......mine is pretty slow all of the time...usually dont get any emails at the same time I do on Outlook, then again, I get an average of about 300 emails a day. I just figured out today that it wasnt POP. All this time I thought it was POP, but its actually OWA......

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yep...that's how i use it too

luckily you aren't on cingy/att....we've been experiencing outages all day and it really is frustrating