Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Okay... so I have had my Pearl about 4 months now. I don't post too ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mjkone no está en línea Stack level 2

What does the Pearl need?

Advertisement

Okay... so I have had my Pearl about 4 months now. I don't post too often on this forum or any forum for that matter. I occasionally try to answer a question or help a Stacker in need, but most of the time, I just read posts to learn more from all of you.

Let me preface my opinions by saying I find this phone to be the most complete, lightweight, user-friendly phone I have ever had. The only reason I got this phone was because I was picked to be the BES admin at my company. I initially didn't want a BlackBerry because I thought it was too bulky. I saw the Pearl and said, "Okay, I can deal with that." I now find that I can't be without this phone. It keeps me on time with appointments, provides me with any name and number at my company whenever I need it, allows me to answer emails instantly, I can quickly look up just about anything on the internet, and I think I saw it outside last night, washing my car.

This friggin' phone rocks.

So, what is it missing? I have a little list here that I am working on and would like to see if anyone else either agrees, disagrees, or has some ideas of their own.

1. Bluetooth AD2P - The media player on the Pearl is good enough for me. I can listen to music whenever I want. But wouldn't it be cool to listen through some Bluetooth headphones?

2. Fully functional Internet Browser - I like to be able to pay my bills through any website that I can. The only problem is that the Pearl doesn't let me access a few of the sites that I pay bills on (specifically my bank). Sure I can login and see my account status on many of them, but if I could go 2 or 3 weeks without using my laptop, I'd be ecstatic.

3. VideoCam Recording - Many people wonder why anyone needs this on a phone? Sometimes I just find myself in a situation where I want to catch something on video, even if it's just for 20-30 seconds. I don't take my Video Camera everywhere I go, but I do bring my phone.

4. George Foreman Grill attachment - EVERY PHONE SHOULD HAVE THIS! Errr... maybe not.

So what do you think? I am sure I am forgetting things. It is still just a smartphone and not a home entertainment center, but I am sure the ideas I threw out there are pretty realistic (except for the grill - although I do hear they are doing amazing things with USB now).

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: What does the Pearl need?

it's missing qwerty, a higher resolution camera, a better resource managing OS and basically being the 8320.

all I see now is 8320.

8320!

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    it's missing qwerty, a higher resolution camera, a better resource managing OS and basically being the 8320.

all I see now is 8320.

8320!
    Geez... I am not sure what you are looking for here... some sort of 83something or other.

I understand the QWERTY thing for most people, but seeing as how the Pearl was my first PDA-type device, I picked up the SureType quickly and find it to be pretty decent.

A higher res camera would be cool. I agree with that one for sure.

I do support Microsoft devices at my work as well as BlackBerrys and if you think resource managing is a problem on BlackBerrys, then you haven't seen anything. Soft resets are the "thing to do" on TREOs and Pocket PCs and they aren't popular because they are fun!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Video Recording, and the Bluetooth AD2P!!!!!! Thats all I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628
    Video Recording, and the Bluetooth AD2P!!!!!! Thats all I am asking.
    You forgot to ask for the Foreman Grill attachment. We need to get more momentum on that one. Seriously though, how can you not want juicy and delicious Turkey Burgers in 7 minutes!

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mj, I think u covered evetthing I'd like to see, if it had everything u mention on top of what it already has I would never need another phone ever again(atleast until one comes out that will actually wash my car) and I would just about not need a computer anymore either. Oh, and longer battery would be a nice bonus as well but would be hard to pull off with all those features in use.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

And again, video recording

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mjkone
    Geez... I am not sure what you are looking for here... some sort of 83something or other.

I understand the QWERTY thing for most people, but seeing as how the Pearl was my first PDA-type device, I picked up the SureType quickly and find it to be pretty decent.

A higher res camera would be cool. I agree with that one for sure.

I do support Microsoft devices at my work as well as BlackBerrys and if you think resource managing is a problem on BlackBerrys, then you haven't seen anything. Soft resets are the "thing to do" on TREOs and Pocket PCs and they aren't popular because they are fun!
    haha, I think you missed the not so serious points behind that post. It is basically saying the Pearl is missing being the 8320 which is a whole different phone.

lighten up!

Thumbs up Re: What does the Pearl need?

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    haha, I think you missed the not so serious points behind that post. It is basically saying the Pearl is missing being the 8320 which is a whole different phone.

lighten up!
    No... I got the joke. Just agreeing with what you were saying in terms of what the devices need. Maybe I will get the 9100 I am looking for... THE NEXT PEARL!

Don't worry buddy, I am fully lightened.

You are clearly obsessed with the 8320. To you, it is a divine invention. The Gods of RIM have spoken and thus you shall be blessed with thy Berry of Blackness named thee 8320.

I think though that the Pearl size and weight is ideal for me and that the 8320 might be a little large to carry around. If I wanted to wear a VCR on my hip, I'd buy a Sony.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mjkone
    If I wanted to wear a VCR on my hip, I'd buy a Sony.
    haha, I like that. more 8320 for me!

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

How about an AM/FM radio?

g1skard no está en línea Stack level 2

Wi-fi would be handy...

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

1. "Mute" option for incoming calls
    2. FM radio
    3. WiFi would be nice
    4. GPS
    5. Did I mention "Mute" option for incoming calls?
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I come from a pocket PC background. I would like to see a more powerful and flexible organizer software package. I would also like more flexibility manipulating theme and icons without having to export and use Plazmic or similar. My pearl is limited in how much I can pesonalize it to suit my needs...and that's kind of a bummer.

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

- support for streaming video
    - full screen video player
    - possibly the ability to turn the screen sideways for even better widescreen viewing of videos
    - video player that supports more video formats, so converting isn't so time consuming
    - bluetooth Ad2p for listening to audio on bluetooth headsets (mono or stereo)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast