Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by paulypaul call me romantic, but the coolest thing I have installed on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Re: What is the coolest free thing you have installed on your blackberry pearl ?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul
    call me romantic, but the coolest thing I have installed on my pearl is my GF's number.
    can i get a link? i'd like to install that on my phone too

SenorJefe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF9581

Re: What is the coolest free thing you have installed on your blackberry pearl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flidus
    SoftReset. Now I can hold off on the battery pulling.
    ^that's my favorite one too. Ok, I like Berry411

call me romantic, but the coolest thing I have installed on my pearl is my GF's number.
    Girlfriends are very rarely ever FREE. Mine sure isn't.

mehrlicht no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I love DopeWars and ColorPearl. Autolock is nice too, but I put mine on standby a lot. I wish there were an app to toggle the damn autodim function...

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my three favorites to this point have been the color pearl, soft reset, and the spp that locks my phone after the light goes out for a few seconds.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

Beyond411, is it free? I mean I dont have a internet plan on my blackberry yet, do I need accest to internet? Sorry im a BB newbie, just got it today .

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by takadante
    Beyond411, is it free? I mean I dont have a internet plan on my blackberry yet, do I need accest to internet? Sorry im a BB newbie, just got it today .
    the app is free. you WILL need a data plan in order to truly use it as all the searches are web based

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

She must be a pinstack member or else you wouldn't have said that
    haha

Ahk10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

Link to soft reset? ??

PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

And i cant seem to get BBweather to work.. installs successfully, but then it says unable to locate profile when i attempt to use it

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

taken from: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

ColorPearl

ColorPearl allows you to change the color of the trackball on your BlackBerry Pearl.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

google maps
    color pearl
    berry411
    dope wars

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up Re: What is the coolest free thing you have installed on your blackberry pearl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahk10
    And i cant seem to get BBweather to work.. installs successfully, but then it says unable to locate profile when i attempt to use it
    to get this app to work it's a bit tricky.

click on the app and let it error out (only press the track ball 1x to open the app and that's it), once it errors out you need to press the trackball again 1x to dismiss the error popup, then press the trackball 1x again and you should see the options/forecast and some other things, click options, then under current profiles where the blank spot is press the menu key, then add........

**if you do not follow pressing the trackball exactly like i said you will be rebooting your phone alot.

at this point you should see:

location ID:
    Description:
    Forecast Days: 5
    Units: Standard
    Shortcut Key:

for location ID enter your zip
    for description i entered my city, st
    leave forecast days as 5 unless you want more or less
    leave units alone and shortcut key alone

press ok, and then back under options toggle disable MDS Proxy on (make sure it's checked), escape out of that and save your changes, let it retrieve your weather and from now on your good to go!!

hope this helps. told ya it was tricky!

PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

mmm i'll give it a shot.
    However, i also installed BBtoday and this also does weather so im not gonna try too hard.

One problem with BBtoday is that i cant get the preferences to save. FOr instance, the font color of the high and low temptures will not change, nor will the order of displays...

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by anfrey
    can i get a link? i'd like to install that on my phone too
    HAHAHAHAHA, hands off mate.

PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

ok, well i followed the instructions, which worked. But now there is a new problem of "invalid url parameter"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast