Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<---------------------- wishes he had a blackberry when he was atleast in College I got mine ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AndyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: What can you do with data plan?

Advertisement

<---------------------- wishes he had a blackberry when he was atleast in College

I got mine a weeks day.

I would recommend that you get a Data Plan to use the Blackberry fully!
    You can download themes without the mess of the DM and the cable, email, surf the net, etc

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    I'm a bit confused... I was never able to access my data until I signed up for a data plan... Maybe this is just in Canada...

For your dad's sake I really hope you live in the US... Canadian data plans are not cheap... and you really have to pay close attention to your data use after you receive your first bill.

Good luck with Dad... stay in school... lol.

<------- Wishes she had a BlackBerry back in high school... hmph.
    Yes i do live in the US. I accessed data with out data plan because i installed the modified .101 OS so it had the service books already in it. So people don't get .101 lol

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    1.2mb=1200 kb if im not wrong coz there is 1k mb in one gb so it would make 1mb 1k kb. So it would be 120$ as lavagirl said that the bill will hurt.
    Actually, there are one thousand kilbytes per megabyte, yes... so that would mean that you have used 1200 kilobytes. Kilobyes are .01 each, therefore you will have a charge of $10.20 for this usage.

I still agree with everyone else though, you cannot even access data until the browsers and stuff are added... and that isn't done until after the purchase of the data plan.
    /~*brooke

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    Actually, there are one thousand kilbytes per megabyte, yes... so that would mean that you have used 1200 kilobytes. Kilobyes are .01 each, therefore you will have a charge of $10.20 for this usage.

I still agree with everyone else though, you cannot even access data until the browsers and stuff are added... and that isn't done until after the purchase of the data plan.
    if those are the correct charge rates then it would be $12 not $10.20 haha ;-)

As for downloading the .101, the OS doesn't provide the service books, the carrier does so not sure how you got the SB.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Brooke03, It is possible to access the internet, IM and other stuff with out the data plan. But its all pay-per-use and the .101 OS has it all unlocked.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

^ you're right.. I suck at math enough anyway.. much less trying to do it at work with people yelling in my ear
    /~*brooke

tmrepp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    ^ you're right.. I suck at math enough anyway.. much less trying to do it at work with people yelling in my ear

Actually Brooke, it would be 12.29 since there are 1024kb in 1 mb, and 1024mb in one gb, and so on.

Sorry, I had to haha and sorry for bringing this thread up from the dead.

-Travis-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12