I must be doing something wrong or missed something in the setup. I have tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bmac2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318bad04

Question What Am I Doing Wrong

Advertisement

I must be doing something wrong or missed something in the setup. I have tried to download several games and a couple of apps to my 8130 pearl and it starts downloading and I always get a download failed error. I have even tried adding the jad files to my media card and trying to install from there and get the same download error.

Then I tried installing an alx file from my pc and I wasn't able to do that either so that is when I knew I must have a setup problem and need some help

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong

You can't put apps on a media card, for one.
    Are you downloading ota?
    /~*brooke

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by bmac2 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong or missed something in the setup. I have tried to download several games and a couple of apps to my 8130 pearl and it starts downloading and I always get a download failed error. I have even tried adding the jad files to my media card and trying to install from there and get the same download error.

Then I tried installing an alx file from my pc and I wasn't able to do that either so that is when I knew I must have a setup problem and need some help
    When installing from the desktop, you have 2 files right? one .alx and one .cod? and do you have install problems with a bunch of apps or is it just one that's giving you problems? cuz if it's just one then the app may not be compatible with the 8130, and that might be the reason for the constant errors.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

bmac -- welcome to pinstack

brooke, you CAN add apps to media card, for installation purposes only...you CANNOT run the apps from the card, however.

is it the same game/app that keeps giving you issues?

can you post the EXACT error that you are getting? that would be helpful

PIN/ID
    318bad04

Thanks for the replies and the welcome.

I have tried loading a couple of games from mobilrated.com both from downloading from their site via bb and then dl'ing via pc and then putting the jad file on the media card and running it from the media playing to install. Each time I get the same error after it starts, dl'ing. "Download Error." "907 Invalid COD File Not Found"

I got the same error with Live Search and some others.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I got this yesterday while installing what was supposed to be an OTA application and it kept telling me it was a ZIP file. Very frustrating as DM also has fits when installing (AKA No applications were found for your particular device or whatever that error is).

PIN/ID
    318bad04

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I got this yesterday while installing what was supposed to be an OTA application and it kept telling me it was a ZIP file. Very frustrating as DM also has fits when installing (AKA No applications were found for your particular device or whatever that error is).
    Got the same thing here several times with several apps that had an alx and cod file. I think I'm going to trade up to an 8830.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    bmac -- welcome to pinstack

brooke, you CAN add apps to media card, for installation purposes only...you CANNOT run the apps from the card, however.

is it the same game/app that keeps giving you issues?

can you post the EXACT error that you are getting? that would be helpful
    right. i thought he was trying to use them from the m card though.. oops
    /~*brooke

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bmac2 View Post
    Thanks for the replies and the welcome.

I have tried loading a couple of games from mobilrated.com both from downloading from their site via bb and then dl'ing via pc and then putting the jad file on the media card and running it from the media playing to install. Each time I get the same error after it starts, dl'ing. "Download Error." "907 Invalid COD File Not Found"
    i got the same issue from the same site...any1 ever figure out wats the problem?

thanks!

...looks like its the jad file issue! never mind!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 02-18-2008 at 02:42 PM.