Warranty told me that my software issues with my phone have something to do with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hlthnut no está en línea Stack level 1

What am I doing wrong??

Advertisement

Warranty told me that my software issues with my phone have something to do with a os defect (or something) with a supply of the red pearls for att. So she told me to download the current update of 4.2016 (which I cannot seem to find), soooo i'm assuming that it is the 42096. When directed to the blackberry website after I click on att, I am prompted to list all of my info (address, ect.). Now I have been trying to download the file for 10 minutes. the first time I tried, it said syntac (sp?) error. so i am trying it again, but it is taking 12 bazillion years. am i doing this right and if so, what do I do next? sorry so long, but thanks in advance!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: What am I doing wrong??

Ok, depending on your computer it may take about 30 min to down load. Once you save it to your computer desktop, double click on the icon, and run the install (questions, just click next/yes/check the box)...once it's installed on your computer find the "search" button on your computer (start menu), enter *.xml find the "vendor.xml" and delete it. Then plug in your phone, open the desk top manager, and it should prompt you to install the new OS
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i am pretty sure that the csr was referring to the latest desktop manager as well as the latest OS.

DM should be 4.2.2.14
    here is a link to the list of available OS for your device
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

here is a link to instructions on upgrading your OS for your device
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

hlthnut no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your responses! however, it will not allow us to install the program. it says there was an error and try again later. it says the desktop manager is still running and i need to close it. so we uninstalled and reinstalled again. still the same thing. ????????? i just want my text messages back lol

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are you trying to install your Carrier's os or a different carrier's os?

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

if im understanding right your running the os update that works only when the DM is closed it will start the DM by itself,This only happens the first time you install an os after that it will remain there till you uninstall it

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by hlthnut
    Thanks for your responses! however, it will not allow us to install the program. it says there was an error and try again later. it says the desktop manager is still running and i need to close it. so we uninstalled and reinstalled again. still the same thing. ????????? i just want my text messages back lol
    What program? That's what we need to know first.

Have you tried the steps and Cherri and I stated?

Delete DM from your computer. Delete any OS from your computer. Start from scratch the way that Cherri and I said.

***And whoever asked which carrier the OS was----doesn't matter, as long as its for her phone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

***And whoever asked which carrier the OS was----doesn't matter, as long as its for her phone.
    Well the newest os is tmo's.. If he has att it won't work with the vector file