Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just drilled 6 holes in my back cover for the speaker and it sounds ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

big sev no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24266cd3

Thumbs down What A Mistake....

Advertisement

I just drilled 6 holes in my back cover for the speaker and it sounds like crap. It's louder but i think it just sounds more clear when i cover it. I think RIM had the right idea and i just ****ed it up. oh well you live and you learn.

capuman no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: What A Mistake....

Damn too bad.

i was thinking of doing the same thing!...glad i didn't..

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

i did it. mine sounds good. you can buy another door for 12 bucks online.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm not sure about you guys, but when I had the old battery cover my pearl always sounded muffled and it would rattle the cover whenever I played anything loud.

To each their own. I don't regret getting a bigger battery and a cover with a speaker opening.
    Last edited by reddog187; 04-17-2007 at 07:47 AM.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I think it really improved the sound by drilling the wholes, guess you didn't. I guess it is just personal opinion. I mean at least you could hear someone calling you without having to be right next to the phone like you had to when the wholes weren't drilled.

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

I drilled holes in the back of my pearl, I was going to do it again for my 8800 but... If someone has done it for there 8800 please let us know about the sound quality afterwards. Thanks.
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

wow didn't see that coming people, don't cheap out, just spend the $15 and be done with the matter. you shouldn't have a BB if you can't afford a $15 accessory.

https://www.seidioonline.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=657

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Some people aren't cheap, but would prefer to do it yourself. I prefer to buy my own, but others like it otherways. My dad could more than afford to buy as many as he needs, but likes to do crap himself! Lol

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Just a question...

You did remove the battery cover from the pearl when you drilled, right?

Just checking...

PIN/ID
    ask me

yeah but doing crap yourself on a $300-400 device is just, well, not very smart at all. its one thing to monkey w/ the OS, the software, hacks in general - but physically altering the device by way of drill.....lol.....what's the possible benefit in doing that? its going to look like crap for one. most likely you are going to screw it up and be hitting up Seidio in the end, so why not just cut out the middle man?!?!?!? LOL

PIN/ID
    23EADE14

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    yeah but doing crap yourself on a $300-400 device is just, well, not very smart at all. its one thing to monkey w/ the OS, the software, hacks in general - but physically altering the device by way of drill.....lol.....what's the possible benefit in doing that? its going to look like crap for one. most likely you are going to screw it up and be hitting up Seidio in the end, so why not just cut out the middle man?!?!?!? LOL
    because the seido one looks ugly. i dont like the way the speaker hole looks. i dont like the way the seido batt cover looks at all. i like the way i drilled the pattern on my batt cover. and you would be stupid to not take the cover off to drill.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler2k
    you would be stupid to not take the cover off to drill.
    i will agree with this part of the statement...

PIN/ID
    23EADE14

i will agree with this part of the statement...
    no offence BBK....then you are really only messing with a $12 peice of plastic. on the other hand, i think messing with the os, 3rd party apps, and hacks in general (which i do quite often myself) is messing with a $300-$400 device. if you screw that up, it takes alot more time and effort to get your berry fixed up (even maybe having to get a new one) than going online and having a new batt cover shipped to you. personally, i am ordering 2 more oem batt covers and am going to design two more patterns and switch them out when i feel up to it. maybe an astros star, or patriots head, something sports related. i would be willing to bet, most of the people that have drilled like what they have done.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler2k
    no offence BBK....then you are really only messing with a $12 peice of plastic. on the other hand, i think messing with the os, 3rd party apps, and hacks in general (which i do quite often myself) is messing with a $300-$400 device. if you screw that up, it takes alot more time and effort to get your berry fixed up (even maybe having to get a new one) than going online and having a new batt cover shipped to you. personally, i am ordering 2 more oem batt covers and am going to design two more patterns and switch them out when i feel up to it. maybe an astros star, or patriots head, something sports related. i would be willing to bet, most of the people that have drilled like what they have done.
    no offense taken. if you backup your device then there is really no way to permanently screw it up - ah the beauty of the BB OS. and it doesn't require ordering a replacement piece either (no matter what you do).

i'm sure your designs look ok, but i guess i am just not into messing with a good thing. the device is plenty loud and looks just fine to me, but that is IMHO only. to each his own....

PIN/ID
    23EADE14

no offense taken. if you backup your device then there is really no way to permanently screw it up - ah the beauty of the BB OS. and it doesn't require ordering a replacement piece either (no matter what you do).

i'm sure your designs look ok, but i guess i am just not into messing with a good thing. the device is plenty loud and looks just fine to me, but that is IMHO only. to each his own....
    cool, i didnt want to come off as some *hole. thats the beauty of all of us, we are all different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast