So I took my phone to one of the service centers and they looked at ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cvanallen no está en línea Stack level 2

Whaat happened with the wet Pearl, and a question for cingular users...

Advertisement

So I took my phone to one of the service centers and they looked at the phone. I told them the keyboard just stopped responding. They gave me the newest version of the Pearl, and an upgrade for the CSR's bitchyness on the phone, so I can add a new line to my account and recieve the iPhone for a lower price (anyone know what it is for cingular?).

Also my questions:

I got the Blackberry Bundle from Cinglular Wireless that costs 44.95. It is supposed to give me movies like verizon vCast and all sorts of services like use it as a wireless connection. Can I have some help using some of these services? I'll call cingular tomorrow but I thought I'd as fellow pintackers.

It's described as:

How do I access this from my pearl?

Thanks guys,
    Chris

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Whaat happened with the wet Pearl, and a question for cingular users...

~via BlackBerry Curve~im not familiar with a plan for 45 that has cingular video and tethering the BlackBerry as a modem. Above I don't see anything after the "described as:" so not sure if I'm missing something being mobile or not.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

no there's nothing there.

i have no idea what they gave you at the store. the only data plan that i found for that price is the pda personal w/texting (which is $5 more than the bb personal w/1500 texts). the tethering plan is $75. i didn't think that these phones were capable of streaming video either. so i'm not sure what they gave you. i searched on the website and there's no such thing listed as the "blackberry bundle". maybe it was a in store promotion?

the iphone is $600 w/a two year contract (which you HAVE to get. they will not sell the phone without a contract) with cingular. there are no discounts. they probably just gave you the ability to upgrade to it if you want.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

It doesn't sound like you were at a 'Cingular store' but rather an authorized dealer. And it doesn't sound like they were being straight with you. Most wireless companies have cracked down pretty hard lately, but shady dealers are pretty prevalent. Even if they were honest, these dealers often add things you don't need to boost the sale or to make you happy.

When I was a tech for Sprint we'd see it all the time, and after i ignored my own experience, I got burned myself by a local T-mo dealer. So, I stopped shopping at anywhere but the actual T-mo store.

My recommendation is to call Cingular and find out what you really got signed up for.