I went on a roadtrip and at a rest stop somehow my phone got left ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shaneo11 no está en línea Stack level 1

wet pearl

Advertisement

I went on a roadtrip and at a rest stop somehow my phone got left out in the rain and I forgot about it....I know stupid but, we came back through the next day after it had been raining the whole time. I pulled the battery and the sim card out and let it dry for a day. I put them back in and turned it on and it worked. Well after 2 days I charged it again and it wouldn't turn back on and I've tried pulling the battery and sim card. Wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem..

thanks
    shane

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: wet pearl

does anything happen when you try to turn it on?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

How could you forget your BB in the rain?
    If it was in the rain a whole day it may have suffered permanent water damage to the internal
    components. Letting it dry only a day may not have been long enough, recommendations are
    normally for at least 48 hours.
    If it is under warranty return try to take it back, if not try to warranty replace it through your
    1 year warranty as I really don't think your device is going to work again, sorry
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Yeah have corrosion on your logic board. Its causing a short. your probably gonna have to try other ways to get the water out. I personally take the phone apart and wipe it clean

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

water damage doesnt fall under replacement. you could try and tell them not water damage if the sticker is still white. but even then they might notice it and charge you full price..

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yes, definitely can't say you left it out in the rain
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

shaneo11 no está en línea Stack level 1

well thanks for the advice, I already bought a new one and I just have the old one laying around, trying to get it operable so I could possibly use it as a spare if something bad happens again

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Alright well I recommend taking it apart and getting down and dirty and clean it out completely. There are little tricks to try but i never seen them work

switters no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319E3227

After spilling a glass of Sprite on my 8100 I took it apart completely, let it dry out, reassembled it and it works flawlessly. I'm really surprised.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by switters View Post
    After spilling a glass of Sprite on my 8100 I took it apart completely, let it dry out, reassembled it and it works flawlessly. I'm really surprised.

So far from what I've read....these BB's can still function after being wet or submerged under water!! that is awesome....there are TONS of phones out there that will NOT work at all after being wet!!...the LG Chocolate is the weakest phone out there for water damage, my sis has one, and she dropped it in the smallest puddle EVER!! and that's it.......she had to get a new one!!

hurray for BB's........