Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok I found a page that could help I you want to take the risk. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Advertisement

Ok I found a page that could help I you want to take the risk. As I mentioned you should be carefully because with your estatic electricity can burn the circuits.
    But in this way you can have the opportunity to clean all the milk and sugar that has inside.
    If you not are sure, don't do it, and try other opptions, take this as the last chance.

http://www.bbhub.com/2006/09/28/how-...ts-of-pix-too/

David Elias

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

If my BB was on the same situation than yours I will go just to step 6, I didn't go to take out the LCD, because it is still working. Also sometimes is risky to take the LCD out because it is connected with small tiny tape of wires, and this tape is moved one line of pixels can have malfunction.

But again, take this as your last chance, try with other options.

DE

sleepsafe no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Can't speak for the BB, but I dropped my pager into the crapper, and doused my TV remote with a Margarita. In each case I did the following. Removed the battery and rinsed with clean water. Placed over a furnace or AC vent and left for 24-36 hours.. Put in fresh batterys and never looked back. Each worked without a problem and continues to do so. YMMV

Jenn82 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was always told if you drop a phone in any liquid.... turn it off immediately take out the battery. clean it up as best as possible. And then just let it dry out for a couple of days. Because if you leave it on or if you turn it on as soon as it happens. You can trigger some ill effects on your phone, even fry it basically. I once dropped my old phone in a huge puddle and it shut off when it happened. I did all that and it worked.... Had some glitches for a few weeks but it worked those out.

BDXXLBBC no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Quote Originally Posted by delias_007 View Post
    Ok, let me tell you what I would like to do If that happened to my BB. I will look for a post that show me how to disassembly the BB (with pictures), I will do this, clean it with ethilic alcohol, specially on the contacts were are assembly the motherboards (some phones has two) and then I will assembly again. That is hard is hard, but at least I will be sure that I clean up every single part of the BB.

The only bad thing on this is that if we don't know exactly how to dissambly we can hurt the case or other parts of the BB. I did before with old phone and it still working.

DE

that would be great, it would be nice to see the parts i need to get to for a good cleaning. I have been lookin myself and once iI get something I will be sure to post it.

mikep442 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The rice idea works can also remove the color dot u get when your phone gets wet its a good trick

tomf301 no está en línea Stack level 1

Order the cheese omelet next time

Proxima no está en línea Stack level 2

Did it stay crispy?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you mean electrostatic discharge? It can cull computer motherboards so quick, lol.

d-train no está en línea Stack level 1

I dropped my last pearl into a bowl of soup.

It worked intermittently for a couple days after then it started powering itself off, then the mic stopped working. I took it apart and cleaned it with alcohol... No dice. I had to get a new one. I hope you have better luck than I did, pseudosuit.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12