Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't ask. It ended up partially submerged in what was left of a bowl of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pseudosuit no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Advertisement

Don't ask.

It ended up partially submerged in what was left of a bowl of cereal. I got it out and cleaned it off. Blasted the milk out of the keypad with air and wiped it all down. It seems to work ok but now every so often when I take it out of my pocket it will be off and I have to turn it back on. There seems to be no other ill effects. Anyone know if this might be a result of the incident? Through the whole thing it never shut off.

I was thinking of take rinse the whole phone in distilled water and letting it dry for a couple of days. Obviously I'd take the battery out first. Is there anything else I would need to do? Would you guys recommend this?

Thanks.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Buya new blackberry... hope your insurred!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I wouldn't reccomend getting your pearl near anything else liquid. You'll just kill it. Perhaps someone else has some advice?

pseudosuit no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn
    Buya new blackberry... hope your insurred!
    Nope. AT&T says Blackberry's are uninsurable. When I switched from my SE boat anchor they dropped the insurance I had.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Remove your battery and let it dry out for at least 24 hours before powering it on. Make sure it is in a really dry place. Do not put it near or in any other type of liquid. You won't be able to get any insurance anyway after the fact.

*safeware.com is a 3rd party insurance co ....fyi
    try them for future reference
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 10-09-2007 at 09:35 PM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Safeware.com offers Blackberry insurance? I thought it was only for computers. I didn't see a Blackberry option when I tried to get a quote.

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2

As mentioned above just take the battery out and make sure it completely dries out. Be patient!!

My pearl has had a dip in the hot tub, a splash in a pitcher, and a nice romp through a puddle during a rainy day. All three times it turned off and wasnt working. I was patient and did a little praying to the gadget gods and you know what shes still working with a little flaws. Just let it dry all the way out and you will be fine.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

add some sugar, I love Berries and sugar in my cereals

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Some alcohol is good to take all the milk out of it. That's what I did when my phone got sea water and it worked.
    After that some light baking.
    I'm serious.
    ~posted via opera mini~

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Take a Zip-Lock bag, fill it a quarter way with plain white rice, put your BB in it without the battery for a few hours. The rice will absorb any moisture in the device. Works every time.

~via BombaBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sutarkoen no está en línea Stack level 1

Might be worth checking round hardware stores to see if you can get any silica gel to put in in a freezer or zip-lock bag with.

Works better than rice :}

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

My friend dropped his in a port o potty about a month ago..... How challenging was that to get out and cleaned.... Nasty stuff....... I have never heard the rice idea... I'll keep that idea filed incase i need it someday......
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Ok, let me tell you what I would like to do If that happened to my BB. I will look for a post that show me how to disassembly the BB (with pictures), I will do this, clean it with ethilic alcohol, specially on the contacts were are assembly the motherboards (some phones has two) and then I will assembly again. That is hard is hard, but at least I will be sure that I clean up every single part of the BB.

The only bad thing on this is that if we don't know exactly how to dissambly we can hurt the case or other parts of the BB. I did before with old phone and it still working.

DE

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf
    Quote Originally Posted by delias_007
    Ok, let me tell you what I would like to do If that happened to my BB. I will look for a post that show me how to disassembly the BB (with pictures), I will do this, clean it with ethilic alcohol, specially on the contacts were are assembly the motherboards (some phones has two) and then I will assembly again. That is hard is hard, but at least I will be sure that I clean up every single part of the BB.

The only bad thing on this is that if we don't know exactly how to dissambly we can hurt the case or other parts of the BB. I did before with old phone and it still working.

DE
    Dude NOT SAFE, HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Well, I dropped my Pearl into a bowl of milk...

Quote Originally Posted by kelhosseiny
    Dude NOT SAFE, HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED
    I didn't said that is easy to do. And yes you are right is not safe because just with the estatic electricity from your body can damage the circuits, but it is depends how much you want that your BB works, turning off anytime? No way!!
    Now could be other recomendations, and suggestions??

I did on a Nokia 6600, it hit agains the floor and then the screen turned off (not logos, not icons) just the white light, so I looked in the internet how to disassembly it, and I took my risk, I knew that could work or not. Actually is still working but I not use it because I have the BB.

Saludos.

DE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast