I am getting this weird text. I have gotten it a few times today. it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

weird text

Advertisement

I am getting this weird text. I have gotten it a few times today. it is :

the name is - n:m=4=1
    and the body of it is like 10 numbers.

Any idea?

to be more specific
    It says its from - n:m=4=1 and the message is - 10476000000

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Text msg? They're getting weird. I hate to see spam txt msgs come along!

I got one this am that said my ATM card had been disabled - call this number xxx-xxx-xxxx immediately to activate. I called the bank and, of course, it HAD NOT! Spam, spam and more spam. If you don't recognize the msg or the sender my advice is to ignore it. I forwarded the msg I got to US Bank Fraud Dept only because I had that address.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I thought it might be some error message because I am getting it atleast once an hour for the past half a day and I just got the phone this morning.

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I just got my wife her bb,and she gets a text every half an hour or so from 9114 - the message seems to be all code,starting with the word BREW. I think it was from the activating of the e-mail set ups,and all the data. I did a battery pull,and it seems to have worked. Haven't received any texts since,and that was about 2 hours ago. Maybe give that a shot? Hope that helps!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

I will give it a shot, thanks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge_44 View Post
    I thought it might be some error message because I am getting it atleast once an hour for the past half a day and I just got the phone this morning.
    I guess you're with Verizon but this may apply somehow: I had a pre-paid AT&T account with NO data plan for a short while. I put the AT&T SIM in an unlocked Blackberry and, every hour or so I would get a text msg that said something like 'the last tranaction cost you $.23.' That went on for several hours.

I figured out that it was trying to make a data connection every hour or so and charging me for each attempt. All the msgs stopped when I turned off "data services" but it was a puzzle for a while.

Point is that your carrier may be sending you some msg based on an unsuccessful, but automatic, attempt that it is making. Are you still getting the messages?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com