I noticed yesterday 5 icons showed up having the same design as the options icon ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Mysterious Icons Appearing?

Advertisement

I noticed yesterday 5 icons showed up having the same design as the options icon in the particular theme I'm using. So I scroll over to them and they are the choices in the options menu for example one was screen/keyboard, another custom word list, another mobile network, and etc. Even a second call log with a phone that doesn't match the theme. They didn't go away but I have them hidden. I would like to get rid of them completely though. Any ideas why this happened and how to get rid of these icons?
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-02-2008 at 11:56 PM.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Re: Weird Issue with My Pearl?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ wtf?! I have no idea what that is.. Curious to find out if anyone knows.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

3rd party theme? that's really strange
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

tj2311111 Guest

Yup a third part theme. I also notice I have a extra browser icon too. I'm taking a screen shot right now to show how crazy it is.

tj2311111 Guest

Okay I circled the icons in red that dont belong there. Right next to profiles icon is my orginal options icon and when I scroll up is my original browser. Now you can see in the picture where circled there is copies of the options icon (not representing options but everything in the options menu) and browser icon (2nd browser icon). Also notice the weird call log icon highlighted, its of a phone that is outlined. The original phone log icon is when you scroll up and is in iphone style. This is weird stuff. lol

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

switch themes, then switch back...

you have A LOT of third party stuff installed that could be causing that...

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    switch themes, then switch back...

you have A LOT of third party stuff installed that could be causing that...
    I was thinking the same thing. I might have 6 and scared, couldn't imagine that many hahah. the BB is mad and throwing a temper-tantrum

tj2311111 Guest

Okay Cherri I switched to the Tmobile Zen theme and they were gone, all of the duplicate and extra icons. But as soon as I switched back to the theme above they reappear again. Might be related to the theme but Ive been running the theme for over a month and this just happened yesterday. Kinda weird.

Lol. I have alot of 3rd party applications but I have yet to see them cause any sort of problems, especially with the free space I have to be safe. To tell you the truth besides this incident my Pearl is running better than ever.

PIN/ID
    ATA

and im thinking, even tho it isn't stated, that you have already done the battery pull? (not the reset app, but an actual battery pull? the reason i say pull, is bc i recently stopped using the ctrl/alt/delete on my curve because it wasn't truly resetting the device...but the battery pull did.) if you did already, sorry...just wasn't stated

what happens if you choose/actually click the icons like screen/keyboard? does it take you to that option menu?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that is the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

tj2311111 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    and im thinking, even tho it isn't stated, that you have already done the battery pull? (not the reset app, but an actual battery pull? the reason i say pull, is bc i recently stopped using the ctrl/alt/delete on my curve because it wasn't truly resetting the device...but the battery pull did.) if you did already, sorry...just wasn't stated

what happens if you choose/actually click the icons like screen/keyboard? does it take you to that option menu?

Well to reset my pearl I've been using the reset application. But I just pulled the battery for 30 second and it didn't work. They still show up.

The icons act as shortcuts the option styled ones. I click the screen/keyboard one it takes me to screen/keyboard options and etc.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by jjhada View Post
    I recently purchased a refurbished blackberry pearl...
    please stick to one location. you have this same question in 3 places. You started your own thread, stick to that location. If someone can help they will reply... posting to several locations will not help you any more. Keeping it all in one place allows those assisting to see a history (if any) of things said/tried.

just be patient
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._problems.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...st_here-6.html

teamjordan23:
    yeah I'm stuck on that one, sorry. I guess (if you didn't pay for the theme) we could have someone else try it and see if anything strange happens?!

PIN/ID
    ATA

hmm...well, im at a loss. especially since the actual shortcut works...maybe you did something that we didn't know we could do? did you install any sort of shortcut application that might be placing those as shortcuts? crazy...its obviously a theme issue.

tj2311111 Guest

Nope I didn't install any shortcut programs. I believe its a theme issue like you said. Whenever I go to another theme they are gone. But when I comeback to this theme they are there again. I guess Ill live with them hidden. Its just kinda weird I thought, didn't know a specific theme can do something like that.