This is weird I just noticed after installing the new TMO OS to my ATT ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Weird!!, BB browser working without data plan

Advertisement

This is weird I just noticed after installing the new TMO OS to my ATT pearl that a new icon appeared called "media net" when i clicked on it, i started browsing the net, (I already could do this with Opera mini) and I was surprised to reealize it was the BB browser doing the work!.
    In the past before the update I couldnt use BB browser (supposedly its because I havent signed up for the BB data plan, just a media bundle), thus I couldnt for example dopwnload he Pinstack OTA etc.
    Today I was able to d/l pinstack ota and the new beta mini opera OTA, is this normal or is there a little new flaw since the OS is from TMO?

BTW my cell phone no longer reads "Data connection refused", and I already checked my att online to see if they had replaced my media bundle for the bb data plan and they didnt..!

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Re: Weird!!, BB browser working without data plan

So how do I know for sure if its the BB browser or not ? I just did alttab to see if my BB browser was the one I'm using and it is when I select it I go back to this browser but when I go to browser options > browser configuration >browser, it says "media net" ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lucky. Maybe i will try the new Tmo os....but i dont have the media bundle...booo hooo

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    "Media Net" is you Wap browser.

You do not have a BB browser because you dont have a BB Data Plan...you dont have the service books.
    my dad has media net...i hate media.....its really slow....

wondering carbon...can you use opera mini?

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    my dad has media net...i hate media.....its really slow....

wondering carbon...can you use opera mini?
    Yes I can use media net and also mini opera I also think media net is slow but hey it works for the downloads

Quote Originally Posted by cabron
    Yes I can use media net and also mini opera I also think media net is slow but hey it works for the downloads
    so you have a media package (how much does that cost)? More info on your package please

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    "Media Net" is you Wap browser.

You do not have a BB browser because you dont have a BB Data Plan...you dont have the service books.
    Thanks for claryfying this to me!!

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    so you have a media package (how much does that cost)? More info on your package please
    Mine is $20 I can't remember its name but its unlimited media and I think 200 sms