have had my pearl for about two weeks now, and today the SMS text died ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tburgee no está en línea Stack level 2

Weird...

Advertisement

have had my pearl for about two weeks now, and today the SMS text died on it, i could send to myself but no one else... could make calls, send e-mails, but no SMS text..so I searched this sight for a "tip" on what to do, found the "take your battery out" thing so I tried it..... when I did, I noticed my SIM card was loose, (unlocked) fixed that, put the battery in, and poof... SMS messages... would the SIM card cause that? what was the cause if not, will this be a continual problem?? let me know, I am brand new to blackberry's and what to know what to expect. thanks...

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Weird...

That is exactly the sort of problem a loose SIM card might cause. Assuming you held reinstalled it well, then it shouldn't be a problem again.

If it goes loose again, place a little folded up piece of paper on top of it before putting the battery down, to apply some gentle pressure to it when its closed up. But only do this if it goes loose by itself again. (it probably won't).

peace,
    sam

tburgee no está en línea Stack level 2

awesome, thanks for the help!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Mine is loose every time I pull the battery. This could be the cause of your sms issue but I'm surprised that other issues didn't arise if that's the case. In any event, glad this worked!