Just curious, im about to get a data plan on t-mobile, can someone do me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kofman13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA075C

web page loading speeds

Advertisement

Just curious, im about to get a data plan on t-mobile, can someone do me a favor and go to a well known site using opera mini 4 on t-mobile and tell me how long it took me to load, thanks

eburganjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245F43BB
    Right now I'm in my dorm room (no service), but generally a pretty loaded site (such as myspace) only takes about 30-45 seconds to "completely load" with high-res images. Sometimes it can take more or less, depends on network conditions, site/server conditions, etc.

kofman13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA075C
    thanks bro, yeah that doesnt seem bad, i think myspace would be the slowest loading site, on the opera mini java demo it showed that with high res images, myspace page is like 312kb large, thats big, most sites are prolly smaller

danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Opera Mini generally compresses the size of the page to around 1/5 of the size. The time it takes to load the page obviously depends on many factors: your phone's network, Opera Mini's servers, the size of the page and time it takes to load on Opera Mini's server, etc.

Daniel
    Opera Software

bobbylew22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i Just did a google search on OM and it took about 23 seconds to fully load.