Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One thing I have learned is no app is perfect for every person. If they ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Re: Weather application question

Advertisement

One thing I have learned is no app is perfect for every person. If they were, they woud have to have 100 versions to choose from! I only have 1 city on BBweather so your problem does not apply to me, though I can see why you would want that option. I think it would be cool if it gave the current temp right on the icon without clicking on it. Anyway, right now, it is the best weather app out there. maybe they will update it with new options soon.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    but...it is easy enough to sign up for the accuweather and check it out for yourself. see what it actually is, and if you don't like it, just "unsign" up for it.
    thx. yeah, i'd checked out accuweather some time ago, but did not like the fact that it only updates every 12 hours. i've since been a happy bbweather guy. i just thought i was missing some great feature of bbweather that you had found. if you look at my bb desktop, you'd think it was stormy all the time...

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie
    if you look at my bb desktop, you'd think it was stormy all the time...
    haha! yeah, don't worry...it's stormy all the time where i live too! nope - didn't find some great feature, but maybe (hopefully) in the next bbweather update

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel
    So I might suggest removing all your locations and re-adding them in the order you want.
    Yeah, tried that, but it just comes in alphabetically still. Thanks for the suggestion, though. And thanks for the info about adding A before it...didn't think of it - but now I don't have to try!

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    One thing I have learned is no app is perfect for every person. If they were, they woud have to have 100 versions to choose from! I only have 1 city on BBweather so your problem does not apply to me, though I can see why you would want that option. I think it would be cool if it gave the current temp right on the icon without clicking on it. Anyway, right now, it is the best weather app out there. maybe they will update it with new options soon.
    Very very true. I think if you have a program, you also wish it had just one more feature. haha. Looking forward to more features in an update for bbweather, but it is still by far the best weather app for the BB!

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

What version of bbweather are you on? My list didn't sort at all, but I am on the 0.74 version. If you are on the 0.75 version, then you may want to try adding an A or something to the beginning.
    Best of luck.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ccostel
    What version of bbweather are you on? My list didn't sort at all, but I am on the 0.74 version. If you are on the 0.75 version, then you may want to try adding an A or something to the beginning.
    Best of luck.
    i checked and i do have .75 version. i tried your little trick to add an A, and it worked! i can finally organize them the way i want! i didn't like the looks of the "a City" "b City" so i decided to try number and that works too! so now "1. City" "2. City" works as well! now i'm really happy with bbweather!

thanks for the suggestions!

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Great!!! I'm glad it worked.
    Where did you get the .75 version? I can't seem to find it. I saw it in a post a while back, but can't find the download place OTA or Desktop.

PIN/ID
    Retired

it can be found right here at lovely pinstack.

this is odd though - under options > advanced options > applications it says:

BBWeather .075
    BBWeather .074
    BBUtils .074

so i'm guessing i have .075...but just seemed odd to me.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

I dled the BBWeather and istalled it, then tried to run it and it gave me a message stating I had not set up a location, then froze my BB (bat pull required) I then tried to figure out how to install a location, however was not able to figure it out.

Please help, Thanks in advance.

Any word on the above?

Also I started the push weather service then decided I didn't want it, I deleated from mobile.blackberry.com howeve it continues to come through to my pearl.

Sorry for double post, having trouble navigating the site via BB

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle
    I dled the BBWeather and istalled it, then tried to run it and it gave me a message stating I had not set up a location, then froze my BB (bat pull required) I then tried to figure out how to install a location, however was not able to figure it out.

Please help, Thanks in advance.
    Froggy IM, PIN or PM me i can get you going. or let me find the link

EDIT found instructions.

Here’s what to do:
    If you’re crashed (frozen) reboot your 8800 (hold the off button down for several seconds or remove and replace the battery).

Follow these instructions exactly:

1. Re-launce bbWeather when you see : “Error. No Weather Profiles specified” DO NOT hit the menu button.
    2. Click on the trackball to select ok. DO NOT hit on the menu button.
    3. Now click the trackball again… the menu you’re looking for will appear.
    4. Select "Options" and add your weather information; Location ID: [your zip], description e.g., [your town, state], select “Disable MDS Proxy”, save.
    5. Bada-Bing you should now have bbWeather up and running. Note: at this point you can now use the menu button whenever you want without fear of locking the program up.
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-21-2007 at 11:34 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

sorry...i was working on this earlier and forgot all about it.

are you not sure how to add your city? the best way to do this is to go to www.weather.com and search for your city by "City, ST". Once this comes up, in the address, you need to pull out the "USST####".

For example, Detroit, MI's is USMI0229. Put this (for the city you want) in the "Location ID:"; then name it in the "Description". As noted above, if you are adding more than one, and want a certain order, add the "1." or "2." and so on to get the order you want (instead of alphabetical)

Hope this is what you are wondering. If not, let me know.

And as for the push service, it took a while for it to disappear from mine as well, after I "unsigned up" for it. Be patient, it should go away eventually.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Here’s what to do:
    If you’re crashed (frozen) reboot your 8800 (hold the off button down for several seconds or remove and replace the battery).

Follow these instructions exactly:

1. Re-launce bbWeather when you see : “Error. No Weather Profiles specified” DO NOT hit the menu button.
    2. Click on the trackball to select ok. DO NOT hit on the menu button.
    3. Now click the trackball again… the menu you’re looking for will appear.
    4. Select "Options" and add your weather information; Location ID: [your zip], description e.g., [your town, state], select “Disable MDS Proxy”, save.
    5. Bada-Bing you should now have bbWeather up and running. Note: at this point you can now use the menu button whenever you want without fear of locking the program up.
    i guess i'm wrong...? guess you don't need to go through the headaches of finding that code instead of the zip code. wonder why i am not using the zip code for my cities? did the old version require that or something?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    i guess i'm wrong...? guess you don't need to go through the headaches of finding that code instead of the zip code. wonder why i am not using the zip code for my cities? did the old version require that or something?
    I'm still on .74 i used my zip...not really sure. It's a quirky little application.

Thank you both.
    Everything I needed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast