I maintain some pretty long email chains back and forth on Gmail and everytime I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AWOT4LIFE no está en línea Stack level 1

Any way to NOT include original messages when replying to emails on Gmail?

Advertisement

I maintain some pretty long email chains back and forth on Gmail and everytime I reply, it included the entire message and all other replies. Is there any way to disable this?

Nimic no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Any way to NOT include original messages when replying to emails on Gmail?

I actually just saw an addon to do that... it's called "Reply as new" and it adds a "Reply as new" item to your context menu when replying. Should kill all the threads from the email.

I can't post links, but I found it at the following address minus the http anesone.googlepages.com/blackberry2

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

or just hit reply
    when you see all the text showing up hit the berry button and chose to delete original text.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    or just hit reply
    when you see all the text showing up hit the berry button and chose to delete original text.
    That doesn't work if you forward the message. The option is unavailable. Why would I want to forward a message without the original text?
    If I just wanted to forward an attachment without all of the correspondence to scroll through.

Oh, and I dont want to save the doc to my device. Thank you.

Anyone?

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

You'd have to save it, send it, and then delete it. That's the only option I've been able to come up with. Is this something that you'd be doing a lot or just periodically? To supplement this you could create a special named folder on your media card just for files like this, then periodically you could go through and delete everything in that folder.

It's not exactly what you are trying for, but it will get the job done.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    You'd have to save it, send it, and then delete it. That's the only option I've been able to come up with. Is this something that you'd be doing a lot or just periodically? To supplement this you could create a special named folder on your media card just for files like this, then periodically you could go through and delete everything in that folder.

It's not exactly what you are trying for, but it will get the job done.
    I know. I came to the same conclusions as yourself. It would be nice to manage our messages any way we choose. Why shouldnt I be able to forward an attachment on the fly without including any of the original text? LISTEN UP BLACKBERRY!!!

Thanks for your response, Kortanis.