Hello, new to the forums My Pearl has been through a lot of water... recently ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kimsta no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E35063

Water Damage resulting in No Service

Advertisement

Hello, new to the forums

My Pearl has been through a lot of water... recently it has been dropped into a cup of water (not fully submerged, about a little before halfway). The battery became shot, then I purchased a new one and now it is working again with one exception - I don't receive any signal. Is it possible to fix this problem?

tjhammerhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Water Damage resulting in No Service

Possibly. The most likely culprit is corrosion. The solder to the diplexer has probably become corroded from the combination of moisture and electrical current. This can happen rather quickly. Same with one of the onbard chips.

Unless you are comfortable taking apart your Pearl, heating the area around the internal antennae, and applying a small amount of flux to reseat it, I would take it to a local repair shop.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

That's working? I think the fix is a drive to your cell phone store and spending about $200 or so.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea if you can you need to let the device completely dry for at least 24 hours making sure all the moisture is out of the device. Maybe in a warm dry place. After that then you should give it a try.

I guess though you didn't wait, but I think it's pretty much shot if it's not recieving a signal. Sorry to say.