Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i had a little water spill on my phone and now the no sound comes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drummerkev no está en línea Stack level 1

water damage

Advertisement

i had a little water spill on my phone and now the no sound comes out when making calls (even when on speakerphone). also voicedialing keeps popping up. any suggestions? if i try to get it replaced is there anyway for them to find that water was on it. i seen the red stripe on the battery, i think thats some kind of indicator and it goes away when exposed to water right? anything thing else i should look for?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ have u tried to dry it out?

yeah its been dried out for the last few days

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    If you take off the back cover but leave the battery in, you should see the piece that holds in the media card and see the word LOCK with the arrow pointing to the right. If you look at the little wall where the arrow is pointing you should see a small white square sticker. Is it white or red?
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

yeah theres the red line

junior11486 no está en línea Stack level 2
    dude that suck i actualy droped mine in the toilet when i had came home from the bar christmas ever it was in there for only a second ot yo but it was completly sumerged stuck my hand in there with the quikness go it out took the battery out and blew dry it for about ten nin to get the moister outta the screen with me moms blow drier turnd right on and worked with no problem i was in shock

rozzy9 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's funny because when I received my phone from Ebay I directly went to my Fido Service Provider to ask them what they think about this phone. And they told me it was water damaged on the battery and everything. I just checked the 2 water damage indiciators and I don't appear to have any red... so I have no idea what the guy was talking about.

wheres the 2 damaged indicators? the 1 on the battery and wheres else? and im not sure but i thought that when they get wet the red line goes away because ive had the red line on the battery the whole time ive had the phone.

blbeach no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    The red line is not the indicator.

The white square underneath the red line will turn red after it has become wet. There is an indicator on the battery and on the phone. If they are red, it got wet.

The indicator on the battery is suppose to have TWO rows of RED X's... when the battery gets wet, the red X's become much larger and fill up the whole square on the battery.

wheres the other indicator located?

Quote Originally Posted by williamlc21
    If you take off the back cover but leave the battery in, you should see the piece that holds in the media card and see the word LOCK with the arrow pointing to the right. If you look at the little wall where the arrow is pointing you should see a small white square sticker. Is it white or red?
    Hopefully that's helpful.

ok i think i know what you are talking about (i attached a pic to make sure). And since its white that means no damage indicated correct?

Quote Originally Posted by drummerkev
    ok i think i know what you are talking about (i attached a pic to make sure). And since its white that means no damage indicated correct?
    That is correct. Your phone does not have water damage... now check your battery though.

yeah the battery just has the red line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast