Just wondering if there is a recommended method for converting video to play on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

watching movies on my pearl

Advertisement

Just wondering if there is a recommended method for converting video to play on the 8130 at 260x240 resolution. I have found some apps that can convert video for the pearl easily but usually do so at a fairly low framerate. I want to convert @ 24fps and full 260x240 res.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Sorry about the double post but yeah, any help would be appreciated, even if it requires the use of more then one program.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    This way isn't free, but it is how I download them from DVD's. First, download Cucusofts DVD to iPod converter, or any of those DVD to whatever video converters, then download the mencoder video to blackberry converter. Choose your DVD and convert it to iPod format, then use the mencoder to convert it to 3gp and copy it over to your BB. This way is great because the final video can play on any phone or on any mp3device. The only downfall is that cucusoft costs money. Also videos for blackberry has some good quality videos for free.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Thanks man, sounds good, I'll have to give it a look.

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Wow...I started looking into different converter programs and found what might possibly be the best/easiest way to convert videos to the correct size/format to play on BB's. The software is called "Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter" and it's exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.aone-soft.com/mobile_3gp_video_converter.htm

Not only can you output to varying resolutions, but you can do it at full 24fps and with decent audio quality as well, and the program is able to convert most any video file format to 3gp. The program is insanely easy to use and works great, even with high quality audio and video @ 24fps videos are converted and end up almost exactly half their original size, and medium video quality still looks pretty good and saves even more space.

I've also been converting videos at 320x240 resolution as it works fine on the pearl and is the closest option the software offers without using something low enough that the video isn't completely full screen.

Just thought I should share my findings, but my search is over and I'm having a blast!

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    How does this program stack up against the converter in desktop manager? Ive found the program to work quite reasonably.
    Thanks for your input.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    How does this program stack up against the converter in desktop manager? Ive found the program to work quite reasonably.
    Thanks for your input.
    there are lots of free video converters out there such as blackberry video converter etc. if i were you i browse through www.freewarefiles.com they have compiled a numerous list of free software out there and you can seach by category.

Casserole no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am not concerned about the free programs, just the easiest, fool proof, trouble free way to convert and upload a movie.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Casserole View Post
    I am not concerned about the free programs, just the easiest, fool proof, trouble free way to convert and upload a movie.
    I've used Blackberry video converter or any video converter which offers a good and easy to use options and i never had any problems with them they always play correctly on my phone.

Casserole no está en línea Stack level 2
    Silly question, do I download the software right to my bb or to my PC. Where does the conversion take place?

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    The software I've been using is just as, if not easier to use then blackberry video converter and offers much more for options. I've never been a big fan of roxio and in all fairness I don't find the software to be very inviting to new users, or is roxio not the software you're talking about that comes with the DM? Anytime I've used bb video converter I've never been really pleased with the frame rate and audio/video quality. In all fairness I find that the ultra mobile 3gp converter I've been using IS the best combination of high quality output and streamlined ease of use. The trial only let's you create/concert smalle video files but I really recomend checking it out, videos easily look and sound almost twice as clear as anything I ever did with other software and there are a decent amount of options available in addition.
    Give it a shot, that's all I can say really.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C
    the mac version is toast 9, but even that its not perfect.