Okay, so I was in a rush and my pearl went into the washing machine ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sniper no está en línea Stack level 1

Washed the pearl

Advertisement

Okay, so I was in a rush and my pearl went into the washing machine with my clothes. Didn't notice till the end.
    Pulled the battery, SIM card, and MicroSD card right away. Then evaporated some of the water with a blow dryer. Waited about 24 hours and put the battery back in and my trackball is lighting up different colors. What are the chances it'll work after some more waiting?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Washed the pearl

If it started up when it flashed the different colors, then it's safe to say it may work again.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah!! Its best you let the phone dry for at least 3 days.....but like Erica said, there's a bit of hope seeing as the trackball at least lit up

Sniper no está en línea Stack level 1

It did not start up, the trackball was just flashing different colors.

Thanks for the replies... I will let it sit for a few more days and see what happens.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its fried sorry to say. If it hasn't started now it most likly won't.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Not good. I hope u have a warranty on it. Tell them the OS went bad. If u mention water damage, you will pay full price for it. Not sure how much $100 USD translates to in Canada but I had to pay that when I sent a 7105t back and it sweat en route back to T-Mo.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Not good. I hope u have a warranty on it. Tell them the OS went bad. If u mention water damage, you will pay full price for it. Not sure how much $100 USD translates to in Canada but I had to pay that when I sent a 7105t back and it sweat en route back to T-Mo.
    Pretty sure when they see the water indicator you will get charged full price. This would be a bad idea.

I would have waited until fully dry, if there is any moisture in there when you power it on, there's a chance of shorting something. Just wait and pray. Make sure it's totally dry before you power it up again.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do this it only works if you have insurance let it dry out a few days and with a razor take off the water damage indicator in the batt compartment the little square thing that went from white to red take it to the store and get it replaced it saves you from paying $50 and waiting for insurance

rodneygoff no está en línea Stack level 1

it sounds screwed to me

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I would imagine tampering with the water damage indicator would definitely void your warranty, be careful.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic View Post
    I would imagine tampering with the water damage indicator would definitely void your warranty, be careful.
    I took that indicator off from my old pearl and got an exchange (I didn't even know what i was) Well but i still got a new pearl and the guy didn't say anything at the customer service.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

That's why I got the insurance with my new Pearl... AT&T didn't offer anything for water damage, etc.
    /~*brooke

aboveaverage12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30305F69

I would start the process of getting a different phone. Regardless of how dry it may be now, corrosion has begun to build on your board and it's now a question of when than a question of if.

reverendchip no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20ef0602

Disassemble the phone as much as you can.

Put it in a dehydrator, an incubator or a GOOD convection oven at 120 to 130 degrees f for 24 hours. take it out, let it cool for an hour and the try to power it up.

I've rescued lots of phones and water cooled computers that developed leaks this way.