Hi, first post like to say hi to everyone, been reading this forum for some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bowzer no está en línea Stack level 1

Was Wondering? bluejacking

Advertisement

Hi, first post like to say hi to everyone, been reading this forum for some time now, you guys are great! Was wondering, and i believe this has been maybe asked before, is there any, bluetooth app that can send contacts to another phone, or you can say a bluejacking app, using blackberry pearl 8100, sounds like maybe a limitation with the bluetooth im guessing. ive tried a few apps but was unsuccessful, youtaggedme, freejack, ect. i think maybe out of luck, you would think there would be atleast a way to send buisness contacts through bluetooth, since its a buisness phone, im also running os.64 tmob. thanks guys

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Was Wondering? bluejacking

Sorry bowzer, no can do.

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to add multiple contacts at a time?

no thought i could get some more fun out of the pearl, lol, been reading this bluejacking articles on the web, thought i would have some fun at movie theaters. ect, sounds like the sonys and v3 can do it, least thought pearl could do it (bluetooth anoymous messages)

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

nope I do not believe the BB has the ability to send contacts to another user via BT, therefore no bluejacking my friend ;-)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    STACK

yea, the pearl is pretty picky about what it does and doesn't allow with bluetooth. You have to give it confirmation. It's a security thing.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

prob is the other phone would have to be in pairing or discoverable mode to lock the signal also they would be notied and asked if they accept the connection and also would have to input the correct key.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I thouhgt you could send contacts via bluetooth but I could be mistaken. Yeah I got into bluejacking. I had a samsung t809. And I would connect to some of my friends phones and transfer pics videos and ringtones but could nevre do it with address book entries.now I got something to try ~
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks for the replys guys! now i can stop looking lol, would that be maybe a software issue or hardware issue? (could it be future coming?) maybe

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

being the BB is mostly geared toward the security aspect of phones I doubt it.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    being the BB is mostly geared toward the security aspect of phones I doubt it.
    I agree! It would make them vulnerable. And the security is one feature that makes a blackberry a blackberry

thank you guys for the replys! to bad, went to the midnight showing of spiderman 3 the other day, and man tons and tons bluetooth phones i picked up, o well would of been fun bluejacking lol

PIN/ID
    STACK

Just to send or recieve anything you have to pair it first. Then if trying to recieve you have to confirm. It's just security all around it. LOL. It maybe a pain but I like it. I would rather not get random junk sent to me from strangers.