Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Within days of getting the Pearl as my first blackberry, I officially stated to my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: Was the pearl worth getting...

Advertisement

Within days of getting the Pearl as my first blackberry, I officially stated to my family and friends that I will never go back to a standard phone, EVER. Of course without the unlimited data plan thats exactly what I'd have. Just a phone.

There are so many people that are missing out on what Blackberry is all about. Think of it this way, If you buy a ferrari and then only pay to have a 4-cylinder engine installed, it might look like the same thing but its definitely not the same thing. And for that matter, just merely getting free WAP access through Opera Mini and still skimping on the blackberry service, is the equivalent of adding a muffler kit to make your 4-cylinder sound a little more like that stock Ferrari engine.

Basically, if you communicate with people in your life through eletronic means, Email, IM, etc.; you should get the data plan. It will elevate the way you already communicate. If you don't already communicate, it will change the way you communicate entirely.

Long story short: Why not try it for a month or two?

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I was going to buy a Treo, glad Cinti Bell talked me into getting my Pearl.

rachy109 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    Within days of getting the Pearl as my first blackberry, I officially stated to my family and friends that I will never go back to a standard phone, EVER. Of course without the unlimited data plan thats exactly what I'd have. Just a phone.

There are so many people that are missing out on what Blackberry is all about. Think of it this way, If you buy a ferrari and then only pay to have a 4-cylinder engine installed, it might look like the same thing but its definitely not the same thing. And for that matter, just merely getting free WAP access through Opera Mini and still skimping on the blackberry service, is the equivalent of adding a muffler kit to make your 4-cylinder sound a little more like that stock Ferrari engine.

Basically, if you communicate with people in your life through eletronic means, Email, IM, etc.; you should get the data plan. It will elevate the way you already communicate. If you don't already communicate, it will change the way you communicate entirely.

Long story short: Why not try it for a month or two?

Yeah I think I might try it out. After all I saved £70 on the actual handset... Bought it from Ebay where a seller was selling them brand new and there was the option of buying it for £180 buy it now price or submit best offer... I submitted an offer of £110 (thinking he wouldn't accept) and he accepted! Was that a good price for a brand new pearl 8100?

rachy109 no está en línea Stack level 1

Also:

What's the best/recommended UK network to sign up with for the blackberry service? (Because my contract is ending in a month with o2 so I could easily switch networks if there was a better deal out there)

And would you recommend paying a standard amount each month or the option to just pay for what you use?

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

Did you get your internet working?
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12