Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

even though I'm not signed up to my network's Blackberry service (in other words I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rachy109 no está en línea Stack level 1

Was the pearl worth getting...

Advertisement

even though I'm not signed up to my network's Blackberry service (in other words I can't use the email, maps capabilities etc..)?

Also, is there any way I can access the internet on the phone despite the fact I'm not signed up to the Blackberry service on my network (I'm on o2)? I'm asking this because on my old phone I could use WAP etc.. and I don't seem to be able to on the pearl...

Thanks alot

packet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32bofd47

Re: Was the pearl worth getting...

You just have a phone. Plain old phone. And was the pearl worth getting. I would part with my wife before I let my pearl go.
    XBOX 360---My sunscreen since 2006
    GPA Ranked top 50

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by rachy109
    even though I'm not signed up to my network's Blackberry service (in other words I can't use the email, maps capabilities etc..)?

Also, is there any way I can access the internet on the phone despite the fact I'm not signed up to the Blackberry service on my network (I'm on o2)? I'm asking this because on my old phone I could use WAP etc.. and I don't seem to be able to on the pearl...

Thanks alot
    You woun't have any Chance to use mail, mms, Internet w/o the bb-Plan! So you have two choices: get your old phone for wap or get an bb-Plan for the full Party.

Jm2ct
    Peter

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I have to say that my Pearl was one of the smartest moves I have made in a long time. I never though I would use a blackberry, they were only for corporate types, but I was wrong. Now I have my email whereever I go, internet access, PDA functionality, and a phone. I couldn't be happier.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    I have to say that my Pearl was one of the smartest moves I have made in a long time. I never though I would use a blackberry, they were only for corporate types, but I was wrong. Now I have my email whereever I go, internet access, PDA functionality, and a phone. I couldn't be happier.
    Full ack! Couldn't say it better.

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

rachy109, all you need to do is to type in your provider's APN in TCP settings, install Opera Mini and one of e-mail applications (optional) and you good to go. If you can leave without push e-mails and straight OTA downloads BB without data plan will do all the rest for you.
    Many people here are unaware that special BB data plans are offered only in US where RIM is pretty popular. Outside US you can hardly find any special support for BBs but there are tons of cool services based on GPRS/EDGE. So just go to your local O2 web site and get access point address ( I assume your regular plan allows you to go online and pay for data transferred)
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

rachy109 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lineus
    rachy109, all you need to do is to type in your provider's APN in TCP settings, install Opera Mini and one of e-mail applications (optional) and you good to go. If you can leave without push e-mails and straight OTA downloads BB without data plan will do all the rest for you.
    Many people here are unaware that special BB data plans are offered only in US where RIM is pretty popular. Outside US you can hardly find any special support for BBs but there are tons of cool services based on GPRS/EDGE. So just go to your local O2 web site and get access point address ( I assume your regular plan allows you to go online and pay for data transferred)

Ok so in laymens terms: First, I need to go to my o2 shop and ask for an 'access point address'?

And then figure out where /what TCP settings are and get access to 'opera mini'? Lol, I'm so lost!
    It sounds like an answer to my issues though

Should I do step 1 first (ask for access point address - I presume they'll know what I'm talking about even if I don't?) and then get back to you?

lineus no está en línea Stack level 2

No, you do not need to go to the shop, just visit their web site (O2 in your particular country and region) and find APN address somewhere in internet settings section. Than go to Options - Advanced Options - TCP and input APN address...

http://www.mphone.co.uk/mms_wap_settings_o2.html

Here you go... you need GPRS APN (contract or Pay N , depends on what you have
    ) This settings are only for O2 in UK!!

wap.o2.co.uk (contract)

payandgo.o2.co.uk (PAYG)
    Last edited by lineus; 06-02-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    BB Pearl+1GbMicroSD+PalmLD+4GbSD+BT Holux GPS

bwell2u no está en línea Stack level 3

I love my BB. It has everything I need and then some. It's so simple to use, and if you have any problems just come to pinstack for all help

GPeterson82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    uhh?

Thumbs up Re: Was the pearl worth getting...

I wasn't super high on my BB until about 5 minutes ago when i signed up for the forums. Questions got answered and now my cell phone is back on track to be the coolest thing since Vanilla Ice.

Pinstacker forum is definitely the reason I'm a fan of the Pearl.

whyte_bwoy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FBD4E3

Yes I recently bought my BB and I've never found so much usefulness out of a phone! Its definately worth it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yes it was definitely worth getting...but then it totally crashed on me 2 days ago
    and I'm suffering some major crackberry withdrawals

I'm waiting for my replacement from Cingular to be shipped in.

The store had NO red Pearls (

Bad part is...I only had it for 3 weeks.
    Tried everything to fix it to...Java wipe, OS reinstall....nothing worked...

But I still am in love with the BB Pearl and can't hardly wait to get my
    replacement.
    It was so awesome having email, and everything all right there in
    a beautiful little package!

DaddyFizzle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28A34994

What is the point of having a BB if you are not going to use it's main feature....EMAIL!!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cedster no está en línea Stack level 2

BB pearl is awesome. It was definately worth getting together with the ulimited data plan from T-mobile. Can't imagine myself going back to normal cell phones

kona no está en línea Stack level 1

I am very happy with my pearl. I bought it to replace a Blackjack which I hated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast