Ugh, so I've had the phone FIFTEEN days and all data dies entirely. Can't receive ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

Warranty exchange already

Advertisement

Ugh, so I've had the phone FIFTEEN days and all data dies entirely. Can't receive service books, no full browser provisioning, nothing. Spent 2 hours on the phone between T-Mobile and RIM and no one could get it to work. (Someone else's BB sim wouldn't work in mine, and my SIM worked in another 8120)

I thought mine was damn near perfect once I got the excess files off and my messages stopped erasing.

So I highly doubt anything will fix this phone, but does anyone have any suggestions?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried reloading the software??? Also are you able to send pin messages??? And what is your signal strength.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    reload the OS.

full signal, reloaded OS twice already. Originally after first AppLoader, I could SEND pins but could not receive.

I really think this phone is a goner. LOL

If you can send pins and not receive you should try to get in Contact with RIM. They should be able to resolve that for you as long you let them know you can send pins but not receive. Its something they can fix on their side.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    If you can send pins and not receive you should try to get in Contact with RIM. They should be able to resolve that for you as long you let them know you can send pins but not receive. Its something they can fix on their side.
    The OP already mentioned that he did get in contact with BOTH T-Mobile and RIM

But if they weren't fully aware that he could send pin data and not receive they may not have looked at the proper ways of resolving the issue.

I'm praying perhaps this model is too new to get a refurb. We'll see.