My sister's screen went out on her and she tried to do a warranty exchange ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5

Warranty Exchange

Advertisement

My sister's screen went out on her and she tried to do a warranty exchange but wasn't able to cause they said it was passed the 90 days. So now they're telling her that she needs to buy some kind of warranty insurance thing. Is this legit? I was able to exchange my Curve a couple months ago and I've had it for the same amount of time. I was told that there was a warranty for a year on my phone from the original purchase date, is it different from phone to phone?
    "I'd be a fool to think that the gods aren't at work."
    ~Son or Ran

Rota no está en línea Stack level 2
    RIM warranties the phone for a year after the purchase date. You need to talk to someone else there.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm with Alltel and I had to exchange my 8830 because the piece on the charger port came loose. For some reason they wouldn't honor it through my insurance so I went directly to technical support and the guy said it was still under the one year manufacturer warranty (one-year from purchase) so I was able to replace it with no hassle at at. I had it sent overnight and sent the other one back. Not quite sure about why they wouldn't replace it, try going thru technical support and see what's what, also depending on what carrier she has. Hope this helps.

joshua.sean no está en línea Stack level 2
    All phones come with a 1yr warranty by the manufacture. Depending on your carrier you might have to call their customer care and they would help you out or go directly to a corporate store, NOT an authorized retailer..

Hopefully that helps
    Joshua|sean
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    RIM has a 1 year warranty and if you purchased the phone through a carrier (like 99% of most people do) then they are the ones that have to honor it. Don't let them BS you about insurance or "buyer's-remorse period" or any of that.
    Heck, even tell them you talked to someone at RIM and they told you your carrier has to honor the warranty.

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the additional info.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    It also depends on what you meen by "The screen went out" No I here that and I figure the screen doesn't light up. but the person she talked to may have thought the screen was damaged, I broken ore cracked LCD voids the warranty on a TMO device, Not sure on other carrier policys, but I would imagine they are pretty close to the same, Water dammage and dropping the phone voids the warranty. The only thing that realtes to 90 days that I know of, is if you recieve a warranty replacment, right before the end of the 1 year warrnty, you get another 90 warrnty on the replacment. If this is what has expired then it would be out of warranty. But if it is 90 days since purchase then the Rep was WAY off.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 05-22-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")