Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I recently ordered the blackberry pearl case from Best Skins Ever and this has to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2

Warning about BSE case

Advertisement

I recently ordered the blackberry pearl case from Best Skins Ever and this has to be the worst skin ever. From the picture it looked as if it was something that wrapped all the way around and covered my phone. However, what I received was 5 different pieces of sticky tape that were somewhat shaped for my phone. They don't fit together that great, and leave areas exposed. And with the odd grip surface I was unable to use a credit card to push it down as I put it on, so my final result is a TERRIBLE looking screen, and air bubbles are EVERYWHERE. I honestly could have done this with tape myself, rather than the 8 bucks + S&H. I am extremely disappointed because I doubt this will last long, and it looks so terrible I almost want to rip it off myself. I know I didn't do the best job putting it on, but I don't see how anyone could do it much better themselves. So if you are looking for a case, DEFINETLY reconsider buying this one.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Warning about BSE case

and you sure you ordered bestskinsever? wierd...i've bought from them twice with EXTREMELY awesome results...sorry you had such a bad time

doophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E29EB7

Mine looks fine. You cant even tell that mine is on my pearl until you touch it then you can feel that its on there and it is less slipery then the pearl itself I actually have never droped it after applying my BSE! maybe you got a diffective BSE...

afoxen no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: Warning about BSE case

The BSE I ordered for my Pearl went on really easy and looks and feels great. I can't even tell it's there unless I look closely. I recommended it to a friend who bought the Pearl and he's been very happy too. I followed the directions to the letter, and I also watched a "How To" video from another similar product.

I can't compare BSE to any other similar product because this is the first product of its type that I've ever used, but I would definitely order buy from BSE again. I can definitely see using it on an mp3 player, or even a laptop.

The only thing that occurred to me reading this 'warning' post was that (with all due respect) you didn't follow the directions closely enough (it's not exactly intuitive to dip the skin in soapy water then put it on your $200 phone). Did you prepare the weak soapy solution? Did you completely submerge the skins?

Anyway... BSE gets two thumbs up here.

smokedogg no está en línea Stack level 2

wow...i am very pleased with BSE...i took my time and applied the skin according to the directions, and it is perfect...no airbubles, or anything (although i do have a piece of small red lint that somehow got stuck....ughhhh) No one even knows there is anything on it. It still fits snug into my belt clip....no more fingerprints....clear as day

and it is NOT a CASE, maybe that is why u were disapointed, you were obviosly expecting a fully enclosed case....the sites clearly shows you what is covered and what is not, and CLEARY indicates what it is....

If you ask me, you have a hard time reading and following directions...so u probably wont even understand this post....

have a nice day

spdygon_99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EF8F16

Sorry to hear about the skin you got for your blackberry, The Skin I have is a Silicon/rubberized type case for it, it doesnt protect the screen itself but you dont have to put it in a holster which I personally dont like at all.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Yeah, that's too bad you had a terrible experience. Mines went on perfectly w/o any air bubbles. Can't even notice it's there. I'm loving it.

Duy519 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

Quote Originally Posted by DoUhOllee
    I recently ordered the blackberry pearl case from Best Skins Ever and this has to be the worst skin ever. From the picture it looked as if it was something that wrapped all the way around and covered my phone. However, what I received was 5 different pieces of sticky tape that were somewhat shaped for my phone. They don't fit together that great, and leave areas exposed. And with the odd grip surface I was unable to use a credit card to push it down as I put it on, so my final result is a TERRIBLE looking screen, and air bubbles are EVERYWHERE. I honestly could have done this with tape myself, rather than the 8 bucks + S&H. I am extremely disappointed because I doubt this will last long, and it looks so terrible I almost want to rip it off myself. I know I didn't do the best job putting it on, but I don't see how anyone could do it much better themselves. So if you are looking for a case, DEFINETLY reconsider buying this one.
    I had the same results. This was what I bought: http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...0-Pearl/Detail

No directions, just delivered in an envelope with reciept and many pieces of clear tape. No directions in envelope or on website. I am not that upset though because all I wanted was a plastic skin like coating to keep the oil from my hands and face off of the phone and give it more of a grip. This works fine and it still fits snug in my holster.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm sorry to hear about a few disappointments. I did a lot of research before buying my BSE and it was the most economical and exactly the same as more expensive products.

Did they not give you the link to the directions that are located on the website and you can also download the PDF file.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...plication/Page

I have one for my iPod also and works wonders. Sorry again about your disappointment in BSE, but they will always get my endorsement.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Bestskins are exactly what the title states, BEST SKINS. From what it sounds like, you were looking for a case, which BSE is not. If you are looking for more of a case, try this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KRUSELL-CLAS...QQcmdZViewItem

I have this, along with my BSE; Total protection!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    I'm sorry to hear about a few disappointments. I did a lot of research before buying my BSE and it was the most economical and exactly the same as more expensive products.

Did they not give you the link to the directions that are located on the website and you can also download the PDF file.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...plication/Page

I have one for my iPod also and works wonders. Sorry again about your disappointment in BSE, but they will always get my endorsement.
    lol i missed that, no wonder mine looks like crap. Looks like I am going to order another set =\

SICKBOY no está en línea Stack level 2

user error

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm not sure but some have said that your can pull it off and redo it. I'm not 100% sure but I have heard it's been done.

PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

Quote Originally Posted by SICKBOY
    user error
    Indeed it was. At least it wasn't a costly mistake though =]

PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    I'm not sure but some have said that your can pull it off and redo it. I'm not 100% sure but I have heard it's been done.
    I kind of stretched it and left a ton of fingerprints on the sticky side. It's gone. lol. Just ordered another set though but I should get it right this time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast