The new 8100_Pearl_4.2.1.107 Software update will change: This Handheld Software includes: Redesigned Application list that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ghstrydr no está en línea Stack level 1

Warning

Advertisement

The new 8100_Pearl_4.2.1.107 Software update will change:

This Handheld Software includes:
    • Redesigned Application list that is displayed when you press the Menu key from the Home screen
    This is a huge problem to me. I now have a bunch of icons when I press my Menu Key. If I need to glance at something quickly, I love the list function that has been deleted. Hope this helps. I am going back to v.4.2.0.64

I cant believe I just wasted two hours of my life doing this. Not to mention that T-Mobile does not keep prior software versions, and I had to come here at the guidance of a T-Mobile representative.

This new software is teh horrid.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Warning

Sorry to hear that. I would say give it a chance, but I think you have made up your mind.

I believe that it was redsigned to be more efficient, considering you do get many more applications on your screen this way. The old way you only could have about 5 apps.

Welcome to the stacks let us know if we can help you with anything else

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i've heard lots of people are unhappy with the icons. I for one, was pleased that once I finally got off .64 I could find my apps easier!! I use way more than just 5 and the icon view helps me put them in an easy to use location! If I were you ghstrydr, I'd give it another shot! Try hiding some of the icons that you don't use and spend a little time rearranging the important ones for you to the easiest places to navigate!!!

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

i got the pearl when it was already past the "list" days and never had a chance to see it.. but if they came out w/ a new OS that was only list form i'm sure i wouldnt like it for a little time.. should give it a chance at least though man

and jbean i feel the same way, seems like i can find what i'm looking for very quickly, where as (how it seems to me, never used it before) you would have to scroll all the way through stuff you don't need if, lets say, you're trying to open an app at the bottom of your list

mbusaboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF4F8A

Why don't you just use a different theme? That would make the most sense. Just read how to unlock all the themes using the Blackberry.alx file in other threads. Good luck. 107 is a very sold OS.

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

yea - themes will change that

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

The Phantom theme uses list view, even with the new OS.

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

I like the Phantom theme

Wehhhhellll. Looks like you all have some great info here. I think I might stay and play a while. Nice Fix. Seeing as how I went through five hours of hell last night: installing new os, freaking out, holding to talk to t-mobile then finding out they cannot help me, searching the internet for a fix, finding this site, uninstalling everything bb on my cpu, dl'ding old os, re-installing old os, and going to bed at 4:30AM knowing I had a meeting at 9:30AM.....I will wait a day or two to use this fix. I am bb'd out. . .

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I would stick to the new theme or just downgrade. Although .64 is way out of date. Good luck. Let us know if you have anymore questions.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 08-29-2007 at 08:37 PM.

Actually does anyone know if this zen list fix actaully makes the home page on a blackberry the list or is it a normal Zen home with the 5 icons, then when you press the menu button, it goes to list. I dont want the home screen a list, but the menu screen.