I don't know if this is true for all Wal*Marts or just the one close ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

WalMart price on Flip

Advertisement

I don't know if this is true for all Wal*Marts or just the one close to me, but the 8220 is available for free with a new 2-year or a 2-year extension on your Tmobile contract if you include the data plan; $28.99 with the new contract/extension without the data plan - -

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Personally I would never buy cell phones, PC's and the such from Walmart.
    Try taking those back for an exchange or repair...lol
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Personally I would never buy cell phones, PC's and the such from Walmart.
    Try taking those back for an exchange or repair...lol
    WalMart sells it as an agent of TMobile, so the warranty is the same (and offered by the same people) as if you bought the unit from a TMobile shop - i.e. If you buy it from Tmobile through WalMart, and need warranty assistance, you can take it to your local Tmobile outlet and leave WalMart out of the loop entirely

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Exactly. Buy it from one place and have to take it to another.
    Walmarts are everywhere,tmo's are not!.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

katrelle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Don't certain Walmarts have authorized carriers to sell phones just as BestBuy? They do have the ones you buy from the shelves(prepaid). But I'm guessing the price spoken about above is from the TMO authorized dealer that just happens to be in Walmart.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    They don't have them at the Wal-Marts out by me but I know that the Phones they do carry are serviceable at any Tmo store. The stores are considered authorized dealers.
    Chardonnay Luv

Taking one day at a time and becoming the person I know I can be.

ashshlay no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wal-Mart does indeed sell the phones cheaper quite often and as manager of a corporate owned t-mobile store I see it happen all the time.

If you are starting new service I don't recommend going there as the stores in Florida have Wal-Mart employees who don't know much about the plans and don't know much about anything it seems. If you know exactly what you want as far as plans and services you can bring your ad into a T-Mobile owned location (not authorized dealers but corporate owned) and the manager has the discretion to match the price. I must warn you that I wouldn't expect you to get the price matched if you don't add the data packages. (and truthfully why the hell do you want a blackberry if you don't want the email and data anyway? to look cool???)

Also you can't take a phone into any T-Mobile owned store and get it serviced unless by service you mean looked at with basic troubleshooting and then connected with our blackberry support line who is the only person who can order you a replacement after they do further troubleshooting.

You can in some areas like the Baltimore/DC (last I heard although it may have expanded) get warranty exchanges done in store however this should be considered the exception to the rule.

I have people come in daily if not several times a day that got their 'service' at Wal-Mart and need us to change their plan as it was set up wrong, explain their bill and features, and tell them how to use this phone that was on sale but way over their head. Basically ask for a price match from the company owned stores, customer care, or both. Wal-Mart only offers the deal to qualifying individuals so you coudn't sign up 3 months or even a year ago and just extend for 2 years to get the deal.

The store employees don't get paid on renewals when they price match so don't think they are doing it to just get paid. Realize that when someone is able to match the price they believe it is a right fit and the right thing to do for you. Often I have customers who have Customer Care notate their account a certain price and I print that out to justify the reason I matched the price when the customer can't bring in an ad.

I hope this helps and clears up some common misconceptions.

I don't like Wal-Mart employees and other authorized dealers/Retail partners telling people to just go into the corporate owned store when they create problems as this sets an unreal expectation and makes customers unhappy. We help people out but the dealers/agents can make the same phone calls to Customer Care that we do but choose not to do so.

Knowledge is our best friend and worst enemy...

Sorry for the rant....

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I don't know if this is true for all Wal*Marts or just the one close to me, but the 8220 is available for free with a new 2-year or a 2-year extension on your Tmobile contract if you include the data plan; $28.99 with the new contract/extension without the data plan - -
    The walmart down the street from my house has this deal. I might go check it out tomorrow.

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just got my Flip threw this deal.. The Walmart I went to had both colors Red and Black and didn't make me pay anything even without data.