My wallpaper changes to default when I have my bb restart. It normally happens after ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64

Wallpaper?!

Advertisement

My wallpaper changes to default when I have my bb restart. It normally happens after I've used the DM to upload a theme/application.
    I've got the pic/wallpaper I WANT to have loaded on my card AND my device.

Any reasons why it keeps going back to default?

Thanks!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The reason this happens is if your BB is set to enable mass storage mode. When you hook your BB to the PC and mass storage mode is enabled, this allows your PC to communicate with your memory card. The BB and PC can't have access at the same time.

Since the BB can't access the card, it must default to a picture on the BB memory, the default picture for that theme. Usually mine switches back on its own after disconnecting from the PC, but not always. Sometimes I must go back and manually change it.

A way to stop this from happening is to set your BB to "Prompt" you if you want to enable mass storage mode. If you are putting on a new theme or application, tell it no, and then it won't change your background. If you want to add music, etc. to your card, tell it yes, then it will change to the default.

To make it prompt you when you hook up to your PC, on your BB go to Option>Media Card>Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode and change it to prompt.

That should help you out, if you still have troubles let us know.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    WoW! Definitely helpful. I noticed my screen changed back AFTER I d/c'd from the CPU.
    Thanks a bunch for the info!!!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64