I have the factory wall charger for my pearl, and a 74volt DC outlet (same ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

wall charger question

Advertisement

I have the factory wall charger for my pearl, and a 74volt DC outlet (same size and shape as any household, non polarized, 110 volt AC outlet) I have heard of these outlets toasting other phones, but I have used it with my old samsung, and even my laptop with no trouble. Any opinions on if I'll fry my bb if I try to charge it with this outlet?

wymaen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247d3d79

Re: wall charger question

Just curious why you'd have a 74v DC outlet in the first place...or ANY DC outlet...? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im a train conductor. Our engines are big generators.

wymaen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247d3d79

Eesh...I don't have any experience with something like that. If it hasn't fried anything else, logic would say that your Pearl would be ok, too. On the other hand, are you comfortable risking it? And if you do so, and it gets...crispy...how exactly do you explain that one to the CSR? I would shy away from it, but I have been known to be overprotective of my Pearl occasionally) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I would not do this. I would instead get a portable charger that uses AA batteries or use your car charger. Get this one http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...g.asp?item=857 (I'm about to order this one and see how it works).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 07-13-2007 at 03:50 AM.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I would not do this. I would instead get a portable charger that uses AA batteries or use your car charger. Get this one http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...g.asp?item=857 (I'm about to order this one and see how it works).

good idea's guys. yeah i love my phone and wouldn't do anything to intentionally put it in harms way. i will look into the portable chargers. i saw a vid on kipkay.com where he used one of those wind up flashlights and the end of an old charger and made a wind up charger.... it put out the five volts that most phones and our beloved pearl needs to charge, all with nothing more than a little elbow grease... think THIS would work???

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

what about using a transformer?

PIN/ID
    OICU812

there is actually one geared towards locomotives, but the entire setup costs around $150 and weighs about 5lbs. and is as big as a HOUSE. so as i already haul 90 lbs of crap that i never use around, i'm looking to go light.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

well damn, that doesn't seem like a feasible idea... maybe your best bet would be to purchase an extra battery and keep that handy